10

—

"Home sweet home." Y/N mumbled to herself, locking the door behind her as she made her way to the bedroom, tired from the double date she had with her friend.

She plopped down onto the bed, not bothering to change out of her clothes. Y/N was all alone in the house since Imani wanted to spend the night with Jackson after dropping off Dax.

Pumpkin jumped onto the bed the girl was laying on, snuggling in for warmth with Y/N.

Y/N smiled, petting the orange cat that was laying next to her. "You'll always be by my side, won't you?" Pumpkin only responded with a meow, stretching his paws out.

She could feel her eyes getting heavier, indicating to her that she needed some rest. Y/N closed her eyes, sleep taking over her.

"I think that date went well! You and Dax were hitting it off." Imani teased her friend that was next to her, digging into the chip bag to get another chip.

Y/N only shrugged, "I guess so," She took another bite of her sandwich before continuing, "He seemed like a nice guy."

Imani raised a brow towards the girl, "But?" Y/N sighed.

"I just can't seem to get interested in him." Imani scoffed, she knew her friend was a bit difficult when it comes to dating but that was the 5th guy she was 'unsure' about.

"Dude, come on. You've said that to every guy I've set up a date with you. Are they not your taste? Maybe you're leaning towards girls now, if so, I know some-" Y/N cut her off, waving her hand around.

"No no, it's just.. all of them have something I don't want, if that makes sense." Y/N said, sighing. Imani looked at her for a moment before rolling her eyes.

"Look, I can't help you if you don't know what you're looking for in a guy." Imani rolled up the bag for later, Y/N tilted her head, confused on the sudden tone coming from her friend.

"Well, I never asked for you to set me up on dates." Y/N spoke back, Imani clenched her hand around the chip bag, different emotions running through her body. Y/N was right but Imani was a bit of a hard head and hated being wrong.

"Well, I wanted to help you but obviously it's not working." Imani spit out, Y/N was confused on what her friend meant.

Both stayed quiet, the tension between the two girls rising as Imani avoided eye contact with Y/N. Suddenly, both of their phones were ringing, as well as everybody in campus' phone.