Chapter 05

Baby
It's been a week since I came home from the hospital. Phil and I were doing a little back to school shopping while Dad was pacing the floors at home with worry for Bella.

Apparently Bella had left her honeymoon early after catching a bug. 'I honestly wouldn't be a surprise if it was an STD with how much sex she's been having since she was 14' I shook off my thoughts and went back to my checklists.

6 Folders.... 6notebooks....black, blue, and red pens... pencils....erasers...two binders.... highlighters.....a ruler....and a calculator.

After that I needed to buy five new outfits, and two new pairs of shoes. I sighed and went down the aisle to pick out my color coded folders and notebooks.

Red- French.
Yellow- Language Arts.
Blue- Math.
Green-Science.
Black- Art.

After grabbing them I right myself and go to leave, only to bump into another cart "Crap! I'm so sorry—!" I cut myself off upon seeing familiar brown eyes. It was a Quilete male that seemed to be in college if his height and.....massive muscular physique was anything to judge by.

He's at least 6 ft and muscular, with brown eyes and black hair. Unlike most of the Quilete's his hair was cut short and he wore a army green wife beater with khaki shorts and a pair of gray vans. His shirt showed off a tribal tattoo that I've seen before...on Ephraim Black.

"No, it's my fault. I should've paid better attention.... I'm Paul by the way. Paul Lahote" he said extending a hand. I stared at it for a moment before gently placing my hand in his "Bambalina Swan" He gently squeezed my hand and rubbed his thumb on the back of my hand.

I didn't mind. I was more focused on the size of his hand..... 'He's HUGE' I thought as I saw how just one of his hands engulfed mine.

"Sorry, you're just really tiny....and thin. Hey have you been eating enough?" He asked making my eyes look back up at him. Once again I become enraptured by his eyes. I briefly thought back to the wolf that I had hallucinated the night of the wedding. I immediately banish the thought and yanked my hand from his "My health and well being aren't your concern nor your responsibility."

I backed up and turned around to leave.....only for him to start following me.

"Hey! Wait! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry-" he said making me whirl around to face him. He abruptly stopped, almost tripping over me in the process. He stumbled back and looked into my eyes once more making me melt.

'Dammit! Stay strong Bam! Do not fall for those delicious, warm chocolate brown eyes! I will not.....fuck!' I closed my eyes and turned my gaze to the floor and glaring at my shoes "Why are you following me?" He stammered before saying "My friend Seth talked about you, and said a lot of nice things. I thought that I'd try to see what was all the fuss about" I looked at him but refrained from making eye contact.

'Why the hell am I more flustered about eye contact that fucking abs?! Maybe Lord Kai DragonBorn was right.....maybe I'm Asexual' I thought. "Asexual, but pan-romantic and in desperate need of emotional intimacy!" He had said when I attempted to explain my feelings and relationship problems.

For a sex and relationship psychologist he really made bold assumptions after just one conversation....even if they did make semi-sense.

I sighed and said "Fine. You can follow me around today and we can chat. But when I am done school shopping you will leave" I try compromising with him as I could already sense his stubbornness. At least I'm making terms.

We walked around and talked. He was apparently 17 and back to school shopping as well. My assumptions about college were wrong.......but you can hardly blame me! His pecs were bigger than my head! And his biceps were as big as both my thighs together!

Though that might not be saying much, since I'm super small..... but

"Are you a body builder or something?" I asked him randomly "Uh..no. I mean I do...run a lot" he's says awkwardly. Sensing his discomfort I moved on "How long have you been close with the Clearwaters?" I said changing the subject.

"We all live on the Rez, so we grew up together.... But we also weren't close" he said attempting to explain "Odd...I assumed that everyone would want to be as close to the Clearwaters" I commented offhandedly. He gave me a confused look "Huh? Why would you think that?" I glanced back at him and said "Leah, of course" he choked on his own spit at that "Leah?!" I turned to look at him fully "Of course. She's kind, attractive, and..."

He scoffed at that "Kind? Leah?" "She is" I said once again looking into his eyes and making his breath hitch "Leah is very kind. At least to me, last week while her mother was teaching my dads how to properly cook for me she came and helped me with my enrollment and making sure that I ate properly. She made me go to bed, took care of me, and held me to help me sleep better. An unkind person wouldn't do all that and not ask for anything in return" I then turned and walked off.

"Hey! Wait up!" He said before scrambling after me like a puppy. He seemed frustrated but stopped and took a breath "I'm-" "If you apologize to me again then please leave. I'm not upset with you" I said simply "It's kinda hard to tell...you're so cold" that made me stop again. I stared up ahead and saw Phil going through the vegetables trying to find the ones on his list and find the freshest ones.

I look back at Paul, then looked at Phil again. "If you're busy, then you're free to leave, but if you stay then you'll be roped into clothes shopping" he seemed apprehensive before agreeing.

I made my way to the leggings and sweatpants area and started looking for the right size "You don't...wanna buy some pants?" "I dress for my comfort and not others satisfaction" I state "I noticed that" he said observing my current outfit.

I gave him a look and said "Maybe I'm cold because others spend their time mocking me" I could tell that I caught him off guard "I'm-" he cuts himself off at my deadpanned look "I do like your company Paul, but I know that you're older and you liv...

I gave him a look and said "Maybe I'm cold because others spend their time mocking me" I could tell that I caught him off guard "I'm-" he cuts himself off at my deadpanned look "I do like your company Paul, but I know that you're older and you live on the Rez so any chance of friendship will be doomed from the start" he frowns "You don't...even want to try?"

I sighed "We can...try" I felt my face heat up at his smile "Good" I shook my head and snagged some crop tops making him raise a brow "I thought—" "Crop tops are comfortable" I cut him off making him raise his hands in mock surrender "Okay, okay" I couldn't help smile "You're adorkable" he blinks "Adorkable? What does that mean?"

I walked off making follow after me "Hey! What does adorkable mean?!"