Chapter 10

Bambi's POV
When I woke up again, Sam explained everything to me. Vampires and werewolves were real, and now they were in a war with the vampire kings and my idiot older sister dragged me into it. 'Great...'

I sat cross legged in the snow, making a miniature snow family while Paul and Leah stood with me.

I'm interrupted when one of the vampires starts chanting "The redcoats are coming, the redcoats are coming

I'm interrupted when one of the vampires starts chanting "The redcoats are coming, the redcoats are coming...." I look up as specks of black dots appear. They get bigger as they get closer until their not specks at all, but humanoid shapes.

Carlisle stepped forward and said "Aro, let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner" which made one of the humanoid specks reply "Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us" causing Carlisle to wince and say "I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken."

Another speck spoke up and said "We see the child! Do not treat us as fools!" To which Carlisle defensively yell "She is not an immortal! These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look.
See the flush of human blood in her cheeks" the angry speck yelled out again "Artifice!"

The speck from earlier, Aro, said "I will collect every facet of the truth. But from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to you and your newborn mate, I assume you are involved?" Edward walks towards them and offers his hand. Aro takes it and after a few moments he says something that makes Edward turn to look at Bella who nods.

Bella then walks Ren over with a wolf form Jacob and Emmett flanking her, but they stop as Ren pulls back, afraid. Ren looks in my direction and calls out "Aunt Bam?" I get up and walk over ignoring the gasps from a some Volturi that hadn't realized that I was here thanks to Paul and Leah's wolf stench.

Once I'm in close range I kneel down in front of Ren and softly ask "What is it?" She whispers "I don't want to go alone....can you come with me?" I think for a moment before looking at the Volturi and standing up. I grasp Ren's free hand, much to Bella's disapproval then look to Paul who gets the memo and walks over to me.

We then approach the Volturi and the man who I assume is Aro says "Ah. Young Bella. Immortality becomes you" he suddenly lets out a strange laugh that frightens Ren causing her to let go of Bella and cling to me "I hear her strange heart" he then squats down and extends his hand towards her but she shuffles back and hides into me.

Seeing her need for encouragement I instead extend my hand and say "You must be Aro, my name is Bambalina Swan. I'm sorry we had to meet under these circumstances, but my sister has a.....creative way of bringing people together" this earned glares from Edward and Bella and a few snickers from others.

My eyes gestured towards my hand and Aro took the hint before grasping it. Ren peeked out and watched as Aro went through my head.

It was uncomfortable, but it was for her sake so I sucked it up and dealt with it. It wasn't fair that Ren got dragged into a war because her parents were too prideful and stupid as to not inform the Volturi that Bella had become pregnant. They've been alive for centuries and have seen it all, did it really never occur to them that maybe they would know something? If they had come forward earlier then Ren wouldn't be in this mess.

"My, what a mind you have. I've seen critically intelligent minds, and I've seen warm and loving minds, but I don't think that I've ever had the blessing of seeing a warm, critically intelligent mind!" Aro says, before I pull away and squat down next to Ren "See? It's not so bad, and it doesn't hurt. Do you want to show Mr. Aro now?" I ask.

Ren timidly nods and while still holding my hand she steps forward "Hello, Mr. Aro" she says he offers his hand to her. She glanced at it before raising her other hand and placing it on his cheek.

As Aro goes through Ren's mind I look around at all the vampires. My gaze wanders until it lands on one male vampire a few feet away. When our eyes meet, he gasps.

He's about 19 years old and has short, strawberry blonde hair that is partially spiked and extremely pale skin. His physique is tall and lean with startling red eyes but that doesn't detract from his gorgeous appearance.

Paul let's out a growl and attempts to pull me back with his muzzle which causes me to pull Ren back which breaks contact with Aro "Magnifico!" He says before rising and continuing "Half mortal, half immortal. Conceived and carried by this newborn while she was still human" a nearby blonde male argues "Impossible!" Which makes Aro turn around and ask "Do you think they fooled me, brother?"

We take this as our cue to leave and hightail it out of there before Carlisle says "Aro, you see there's no law broken here" Aro responds "Agreed. But does it then follow that there is no danger? For the first time in our history humans pose a threat to our kind. Their modern technology has given birth to weapons that could destroy us. Maintaining our secret has never been more imperative. In such perilous times,
only the known is safe. Only the known is tolerable. And we know nothing of what this child will become. Can we live with such uncertainty? Spare ourselves a fight today, only to die tomorrow?"

His supporters all mumbled 'no's' in response and while I understood where he was coming from, I also knew that Ren was no threat to them or to humans.

But he couldn't take my word for it.....

"Alice!"

The bitch came back!