Foreword from the author

Hello Readers!

Welcome to yet another one of my books, I'm glad you're giving this book a chance and I hope you truly enjoy it. A lot of time and hard work went into this so I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE

This is only a first draft and will undergo a lot of editing along the way. So your comments and feedback are highly appreciated. You could potentially stir the story in the direction you wish ;)

DISCLAIMER

This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents in this book are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

COPYRIGHT 

All rights reserved ©

The consensual publication of this book is only on Wattpad, the publication of this book anywhere else is not allowed! Please let me know if you see any of my work on other platforms. I will not tolerate any plagiarism of my work

If you find any publications of my work on any other site apart from Wattpad, please contact me immediately. I only write on Wattpad and any publication of my work on any other site will not be taken lightly!

I have watermarks throughout the chapters to help readers identify my books in case they are found on other platforms. I'm sorry for any reading convenience that they may bring but I do it in an attempt to protect my work.

DEDICATION

This book is dedicated to my grandmother Susan Dubile Zimba. She's a pillar of strength, a mother and grandmother to many. This book is inspired by Zambia's independence, which also happens to be my grandmother Susan's birthday. A happy 58th birthday to you Gogo and to our homeland Zambia. Fun fact: My grandma was born on the actual day of independence.

TRIGGER WARNING

This book has a few explicit scenes of gender-based violence/unconsented sex/marital rape; narcissistic husband racial discrimination/ill-treatment towards people of colour; etc. GBV is one of the most notable violations of human rights around the world. Thousands of women suffer in silence, I hope that by writing about such sensitive topics we may break the silence. There's also racism depicted in this chapter, and that's only because the book is set in a time when racial discrimination was the order of the day. It is a dark theme but I hope the world can heal one story at a time. These dark themes may be unsettling to read and I apologise if they may be offensive or triggering. I do not write with any other intentions apart from educational proposes and raising awareness.

#ActivismThroughCreativity #HealThe World

This being a romance book, there are a few steamy scenes, but I tried to keep everything PG! I'm STILL not used to writing such scenes and my little sisters are probably reading this so I'm trying not to traumatise them... LOL!

ENJOY

Without further ado, please enjoy this short story. Don't forget to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT and SHARE this story. Your engagement means the world to me and I'm grateful to everyone for giving my work a chance. Also, all opinions are welcome BUT remember to be kind in the comments section. 

Love,

L.