Part 19

The wizarding world had its own databases on all the magical children born, specialized into each country they are born in. That meant even if it was a forgotten memory for Petunia that fateful night she encountered a one-night stand that resulted in her son George, the wizarding community was aware of the bloodlines running through his veins the moment he was brought into this world. They had the authority to inform parents with unknown spouses on the bloodlines in children, as they may be eligible for forgotten fortunes due to the declining number of children born each generation.

That's how Petunia found out the identity of the forgotten man that got her pregnant, the morning the letter arrived a single month before George was due to leave for his first year at Hogwarts. Due to his acceptance, the English Ministry decided they would look into the family ties Evan's boy had to be admitted to the wizarding school since Petunia was listed as Muggle and no birth registry had a registered father. Petunia never bothered to put Vernon's name on his Muggle birth certificate.

Dear Petunia Evans,
We understand the shock faced for the acceptance of your son George Evans to Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, we know your stance on our world due to the sudden death of your sister all those years ago. We have done some research on our database to uncover the secret of any known magical bloodlines in your son.
Our office has indicated that your son does have ties to the Prince family bloodline, one of the many old families in our community. With your permission, we may undergo a DNA test to see if there is a match with the last recorded member in that line, once you are back on the English shores for the departure of your son leaving for Hogwarts.
Please reply quickly.
Ministry Of Magic.
Family Affairs Department.

Petunia didn't need a DNA test done, she knew the nature of the Prince family due to the time she finally gave Severus Snape the opportunity to explain his life story. She knew of the harsh nature his mother put her through and the absence of his father, however, the details were unknown to her at the time of their childhood. There were only brief mentions from Lily during her early years at Hogwarts about her. She decided it was just a secret to be kept from her son, of course, her drunken state thought the wizard was handsome. No wonder he had been so friendly with her so quickly that fateful night in the bar.

"Who was the letter from mum?" George asks walking into the room, noticing the strange black owl perching on the window ledge. Was it news from Harry?

Petunia crumpled the letter in her hand. "Just more instructions from Hogwarts." She replies. George needed to be kept safe from the truth, there were enough dangers in his world once he attended Hogwarts. She kept up with the chaos Harry got himself into, not that he was honest in his letters. "Nothing to worry yourself about." The muggle woman set about shooing the owl away before the twins would see it rush out of their home.

She only saw one positive about this result, it meant her three youngest children were one hundred percent blood-related. The identity of George's father was no longer a mystery to her.

The household was lonely without four children running around, there were only a pair of twins busy at school during the day. While Petunia kept busy with her job and housework before picking the twins up she saw the two empty bedrooms that still contained the belongings of both George and Harry. Harry's bed still missing and George's skateboard sat on his floor awaiting his return from the end of the school year. What Petunia was ill-advised about was that Harry had been forced to compete in a deadly competition at Hogwarts that year and no one informed her. Harry had been told not to mention the news to his aunt, afraid to worry her.

However, when a letter arrived just weeks before the boys were set to venture home for their summer break. Petunia dropped everything at that moment reading the words that Harry had been injured in the final event due to the involvement of dark forces. She knew there was more behind the assurances from Dumbledore writing to her, Harry wouldn't lie to her about anything.