Part 26

Petunia Evans found out what happened that fateful night that Voldemort had attacked Hogwarts. This came from four different perspectives from the children she had raised, spoken to her in the accommodation provided as a safe house by the Order of the Phoenix. It was Sirus Black's former home where the Evans siblings and Harry had been staying since the state of Hogwarts had been left in was ill equipt to deal with the injured and corpses which were handled by whoever was leftover from the English Ministry of Magic.

This was where she was escorted by a member of the Order, there was still the risk of a few Death Eaters that had escaped their capture in the aftermath of the attack. Petunia was highly valuable for both sides of the war, due to her closeness to Harry, the source of the threat. Not one word was uttered while Petunia was transferred into a waiting car with the wizard to the time she was invited into the home where many victims were recovering from the ordeal.

Petunia's eyes follow the redhead family that occupied the bottom floor, the head of the family Molly busy in the kitchen preparing a feast to take her mind off the loss of her son Fred. Her husband Arthur was absent from the home as he was handling the preparations for the funeral. This was the first meeting between mothers, Petunia had entrusted her children to the family. "Thank you." Petunia stated to the woman with curly hair, who had paused preparing the food.

The smile on Molly's face was filled with both pain and appreciation. "It was my pleasure." Molly states.

Their interaction was brief due to the anxiety Petunia felt with the few details she was provided from the communication sent. She was focused on seeing her children, which included Harry. She was led up the stairs to the second floor, where Harry was resting in one room with his best friends Ron and Hermione and the twins were enjoying a board game the next, with George reading the newspaper covering the news on the attack on Hogwarts.

The knock alerted George to raise his wand in defence at the sudden noise. Upon the door opening, the twins settle from the fear felt and George sighs in relief. It was just his mother, tiptoeing. "Mummy!" Both Millie and Beckham shout before engulfing their mother with a hug.

Petunia noticed a series of cuts and bruises on the twin's bodies. She holds them tightly before looking up at her older son George. His injuries ranged from bruises to his arm contained in a sling from a broken bone. Medi-Witches had already seen to the former broken limb, with the help of spells and potions it was healed. The young wizard had been ordered to rest it until his strength came back. "Oh, my sweet darlings!" She uttered with much concern in her voice.

From there she would learn the fate of her children that terrible night. The staff of Hogwarts had been ordered to protect the junior students, keeping them safe from harm that came from the dark wizards attacking the castle. Both Beckham and Millie were hidden in a classroom, with a group of students from various other houses. The professors were stationed at the door, their wands were drawn ready to attack anyone that dared to approach the door in front of them.

That scenario did occur, a Death Eater had blasted through the protective charms put in place to conceal their hiding spot. Both twins witnessed the dark grin on the man's face as he prepared to blast death curses toward the innocent students. Millie had clung to her brother in a moment where she thought her life was going to be cut short until the Death Eater was blasted by McGonagall by the death curse himself. It didn't stop an explosion from being set off in the direction of the tower the junior children were placed in. This caused the root of their injuries as they tumbled to the surface floor.

"I was scared I wouldn't see you again!" Beckham mentions fear laced in his voice.

Petunia assured the children they were safe now, and that no harm would come to them. That relaxed the children enough to allow some time for George to retell his own tale of events without scaring the children further. They had been ushered off from the room to engage in different wizarding board games with the older Weasley children, who needed to distract themselves from the loss of their sibling. "So I expect that injury isn't from you sneaking out to see a girl?" Petunia asks in a playful voice.