Part 37

What were the final words of Petunia Evans? "I love you all, my darlings. I'll be waiting to be reunited again, but know I'll be there whenever you feel sad, or something amazing has happened to you." There were glints of tears in her pale blue eyes as she tried to look around the room. "I do hope you all have fantastic adventures in life to tell me about when we meet again."

These were the words that echoed in each of the Evans children as they remained in the empty country home. Petunia had been moved to hospice care in her final days of time, the doctors wanted to keep an eye on Petunia in close proximity as her body wasn't responding right to the painkillers they had prescribed her in the final hours. She had tried to remain positive despite the pain, for her children as they watched life slip from her. Each of the siblings felt helpless as they sat surrounding the private white room Petunia had been given. There was nothing they could do to save her, they would only prepare themselves to go forth in life without her presence. Working ahead of time, Petunia had already made arrangements for the preparation of her funeral. This was done to ease some of the pressure once she was gone from this earth, she had expected that her funeral would only be witnessed by her children and didn't make it a lavish affair. Choosing to send any remaining money to the children's bank accounts in order to help them get ahead in life, wasn't a lot but enough to use for a short period of time.

So days after Petunia had passed, at the Evans country home the children prepared for the funeral of their mother in the small town not far from the farm. Harry was due to arrive with his wife and son momentarily as the four that remained in the home readied themself for their mother's funeral. Dudley had taken to messaging his own partner on his cellphone, she was sending emotional support through a phone call. She was able to see how upset he was, dressed in a navy suit. His tie hung loosely as he didn't bother to adjust it, there was too much on his mind. Dudley had thought he could be strong enough to hold it together for the younger siblings that had all locked themselves in their bedrooms. He had been worried about their states, yet consumed with his own trauma of the loss of his mother. It hadn't felt like long since they had repaired their relationship and now she was gone from this world. That was a surreal thought.

George had looked back on photo albums that his mother had put together, it showed him growing up with his siblings in both English and Australian settings. He had been too young to truly remember much from his time spent growing up in England, it was a place that felt foreign to him and now his mother would remain buried in this country. It was far from the opportunities he had set himself up with and now he was faced with remaining in England to start anew as he grieves the loss of his mother or returns to his university studies. There were too many decisions about his future to make in such a short time when he is meant to be mourning the loss of his mother, it was getting too much for the boy making him even more depressed.

Beckham sat in his own room, leaving the door open as the suit jacket sat beside on his bed. It had been discarded, feeling uncomfortable. Beckham had avoided looking at the shocking state of his appearance, he had gone days without washing or bothering to tame his curly hair which was becoming unruly and long currently. That was the least of his problems, he was not even a legal adult and he was expected to attend his mother's funeral. That was unfair from his perspective. The boy had gone days without eating, even with Dudley attempting to drag him out of his bedroom to eat something, but not being successful. His clothes had felt looser than when they had just weeks prior, not that he cared. This was his own mourning process, and although he wanted to disappear from the house that reminded him of the ghost of his mother he wanted to support his siblings at the funeral. There had been communication from people of his mother's past that had promised to be at her funeral and he was curious to meet them.

Like her twin brother, Mille too had locked herself in her bedroom refusing to eat. Although there wasn't the presence of a lock on the door to stop anyone from coming into the bedroom, she had placed a chair under the door handle. Millie had even ignored the threat from Harry that had would blast the door open with his wand, she had blasted music through her headphones to block out the world. The loss of her mother affected her harshly, life wouldn't be the same attending that funeral. She eyed the black dress that sat on a hanger with dread. She was the only sibling that hadn't bothered to prepare herself to leave for the funeral that was only mere hours away, she was waiting for the final threats from Harry. She knew if she didn't attend Petunia's funeral she would regret it for the rest of her existence, but she didn't feel strong enough to attend.