Chapter 4

Emmeline's POV:

What’s going on…?

I grew frightened as His Highness’ tone reached a new low. Perhaps, did I say something offensive?

—Or could it be that he wants to declare it himself!? “I’m in love with Katrina!” Oh my, is that how it is!?

“I thereby apologize, Your Highness. I’ve exposed your inner feelings without permission.”

“Well, you aren’t wrong. You’ve spoken as if you’re well aware of what I’m truly feeling.”

“Yes, and for that, I’d like to say sorry. I’ve rudely professed your passionate love towards Lady Katrina in your stead.”

“…What?”

“Then, Your Highness, I can promise you my silence. In exchange, can you please inform His Majesty, my father, and lastly, my brother?”

“…That I’m in love with Katrina and would like to make her my new fiancée after the annulment?”

“That’s correct.”

“Haaa…”

…Again, what happened, I wonder?

His Highness seemed genuinely exhausted. I was hoping that we could conclude it peacefully. At the same time, considering how kind-hearted His Highness was, he might be feeling guilty about the annulment.

But Your Highness, you see, it’s alright…!

I have a dream!

I shall never miss such a golden opportunity! I didn’t feel hurt or even itchy in the slightest!

“Rest assured, Your Highness. I wholeheartedly support your decision. I have no qualms about the annulment.”

“There’s none?”

“Nope, not even a speck.”

“…Not even a speck.”

…Oh?

His Highness’ amethyst eyes… Had lost their light. As he hollowly stared at me, I still couldn’t understand anything.

“…Emmeline.”

“Yes, Your Highness?”

“I shall make one thing clear.”

“What is it?”

Ah, I know, his overflowing love for Katrina!

“You’re mistaken.”

“Eh?”

“I’m well aware of your root of misunderstanding. Therefore, let me reaffirm clearly—that you’re terribly mistaken.”

…Uh, what could he be talking about?

Huh!? No way. Is he telling me not to set foot in La Steria anymore!?

“Once again, you’re mistaken.”

“Oh, so I’m still allowed to visit La Steria. I’m so glad.”

“…La Steria?”

“That’s correct. But of course, I’d also have to ask for my father’s permission. After all, I’d like to visit La Steria if there’s a break.”

“Unfortunately, that won’t come true.”

“…Eh?”

“There won’t be a break. You’ll have to focus on the queen’s education. La Steria? As if I’d allow that.”