Chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen: [Extra 3.3] The Struggle of Katrina Dunning
(Part III)

“Pardon me, Your Highness, what of the reward you’ve promised me?”

“Yes?”

“Eh? No, no. Wait a minute… No way… Did you summon me here so you could gush endlessly about Lady Emmeline!?”

“Hahaha!”

“This is no laughing matter!”

Won’t you please stop talking about Lady Emmeline!?

Then, I turned to Duke Thaddeus Est Franklin.

“Hey, Lord Franklin! This isn’t what we agreed upon!”

After being hit by a stray bullet, Thaddeus’ willow green eyes widened in surprise. Then, he spoke to Uriel in a reproachful manner.

“…Your Highness.

Yes, tell him off, please!

“My apologies. I got sidetracked for a moment.”

“Is this His Highness’ true personality…?”

When I glared at him, all I got in response was a refreshing and perfect smile.

How frustrating. That handsome face is wasted on someone like him. What a shame!

“As promised, I’ll let you meet Lord Armitage. However, that’s about it. It’s up to you to get on his good side.”

“Of course!”

“As a side note, I had tasked Lord Armitage to guard Emmeline long before she was enrolled in the academy. Do you understand what that means?”

“I… I understand…”

In other words, he had witnessed everything I did to Emmeline first-hand.

In… In my defense, I thought it was just a game…!

“He’s a straightforward man. Considering that he has been watching over Emmeline for a long time, he must be truly aware of how much efforts Emmeline puts in daily. Probably even more than I do. Therefore, remember that he likely won’t have a favorable impression of you.”

“Yes, I’m aware.”

“Do you still want to see him regardless?”

“I do.”

I answered without the slightest hesitation. 

His favorability for me was probably below zero. 

Albeit reluctant, I believed he’d still meet me due to Uriel’s command. However, I was sure that there wouldn’t be a second meeting. He probably wouldn’t display his contempt, but that was because Uriel was present.

I deserved it.

After all, I had always looked down upon the innocent Emmeline.