Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen: [Extra 1] Uriel’s Obsession

“I’m sorry to have kept you waiting.”

The Crown Prince, Uriel Ivey Vesta, appeared in the drawing-room in a fresh and lively manner. However, he didn’t offer any greetings towards the Duchess, Sylvia-Anne Entwistle, or the Marquess, Seraphina Schiff Fairfax. Instead, he urged them to sit down.

Then, Uriel gracefully received his tea from the maid. On the other hand, Sylvia and Seraphina were eyeing him in suspicion.

“What seems to be the matter?”

“Your Highness, Seraphina and I haven’t met a certain someone lately.”

“Is that so?”

“We last saw her at the graduation party two weeks ago. Sylvia and I have sent several letters to her family but never received any reply.”

“The housekeeper told us that she hadn’t returned home since the graduation party.”

“Your Highness, this is a serious problem.”

“It’s considered shameful for an unmarried lady to stay over at someone else’s house, let alone for two weeks.”

“Even if she’s your fiancée, you’re being too selfish. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.”

“In short?”

“Where’s Lady Emmeline…!?”

Indeed, since the graduation party, the duchess—Emmeline Ella Arkwright—had disappeared.

As a result, various speculations began to circulate, some of which were absurd and deafening. One particular rumor even said that Emmeline had been kidnapped and sold. In the social circle, such rumors could prove fatal for a lady.

Most likely, those who resented the Duke of Arkwright were behind those rumors. They were plotting to strip Emmeline of her status as the Crown Prince’s fiancée.

“If it’s Emmeline you’re looking for, she’s sleeping soundly in my bedroom.”

It was such an unusual concept for those who had received the noble lady’s education. Sylvia and Seraphina were both stunned. Sylvia, who quickly regained her composure, protested while blushing.

“Even though it’s already past noon, that Lady Emmeline, who has been leading a fairly disciplined life until now, hasn’t woken up…!? Or could it be that she can’t…!? What kind of torment did that innocent soul go through…!?”

“Lady Sylvia, please calm down. We didn’t come here to ask such a question.”

“But, Lady Seraphina…! It’s been two weeks…!? Two weeks! Your Highness, you’re a brute…!”

“Hahaha, brute is a strong word. Although, I don’t exactly disagree…”

“Are you boasting right now?”

“Lady Sylvia, please calm down. We didn’t come here to have a heated debate. Well, of course, I also have a lot to say. However, there’s something more pressing. Lady Emmeline’s life is at stake.”

“That… That’s right. I was so upset that it slipped off my mind. I appreciate you for stopping me. It’s always nice to have the calm and composed Lady Seraphina around.”

After deeply exhaling, Sylvia apologized for her rudeness to Uriel.

“Now, that’s definitely unsettling. What do you mean by your previous statement? Since it’s related to Emmeline, I’d like to hear everything.”