Chapter 23

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 23

Days went on like that. Rohan got busy with his new job and Taara with her new academic year. Both of them worked really hard but one thing always made Rohan frown, ever since Taara started her classes she was working a bit too harder than him. He would return home to see a happy Taara, they would cook dinner together and have it. Then Rohan would watch TV for sometime, when he would feel sleepy he would call for her to get to bed but she wouldn't listen. Eventually Rohan would doze off waiting for her. The only time he get to see her next would be the mornings but again both of them would be busy to get to their assigned places.

Rohan noticed that all of these extra work was taking a toll on Taara. She had dark circles around her eyes, she was unhealthily loosing weight and her whole appearance had got dull. Not to mention she was always tired and would be sleeping for the whole weekend. Rohan was really worried. He knew Taara was serious about her studies and all but he never expected her to be so compromising to her health. He decided he will have to do something.

At the moment he was watching some random show while Taara was studying in a separate room after both of them had their dinner. He realized it was time to get to bed. He switched off the TV and made his bed to call it a night.

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿

꧁ℝ𝕠𝕙𝕒𝕟'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍꧂

"TAARA, ITS TIME TO SLEEP." I called from our shared bedroom.

"GIVE ME FIVE MINUTES." I got the same reply I have been getting since days. The five minutes she says would become ten then fifteen then I would doze off and God knows when she actually sleeps. But enough is enough, she needs to get a grip on her sleep schedule.

I walked to the room she was learning in. I opened the door to see Taara devoted to a big textbook laid open infront of her, an open notebook and a pen in her hand. There were different books arranged on the table, all of it looking so scary to me.

I approached her from behind and hugged her from behind. She wasn't surprised maybe she heard me coming in.

"Come let's sleep."I said still hugging her.

" I'll come, just a little bit longer." She said still focusing on something she was solving.

"No! You always say that." I closed her book, lifted her bridal style and started walking to our room.

"Rohan, leave! Put me down!" She kept struggling but when she saw I wasn't listening she gave up.

I laid her on the bed and got on the other side and spooned her from behind.

"Have you looked at yourself, you have got dark circles, you are loosing weight and also always tired. You are being unfair to yourself." I said.

"I'm sorry, maybe I just got carried along."She sighed.

"Now I'm no more a normal student. I'm related to the chairman so I thought I should do my best in everything and I got carried away. I heard a few students say that I got married to you because you loved me otherwise I'm crap. I wanted to shut their mouth." Taara said.

'Ughh! This girl....!'

"Taara, it is true that I married you because I love you but have you ever asked yourself why I love you in the first place?" I asked.

"No...". She said.

"Stupid, it's because you are kind, honest and a sorted person. You are always clear with your thoughts and intensions. You are a loyal person, responsible and all these are the reasons I love you." I explained.