LIKE FATHER LIKE SON

"The practice of love offers no place of safety. We risk loss, hurt, pain. We risk being acted upon by forces outside our control." - Bell hooks.

"This is Raghav. Your elder brother chote. Your father's other son." Nani speaks out. They all gased in shock.

Rathore smiled sadly but remained silent.

Nani spoke softly, from her heart "I know about his mother and ARVIND MALIK."

Arnav looked up in shock.

" From Ratna's childhood we all told her ARVIND MALIK will be her husband. When she saw Arvind and Sumitha she couldn't take it. We thought once they get married he will forget Sumitha eventually but we were wrong." Nani's eyes became moist but she still met Rathore's eyes.

"Subatra also didn't like Sumitha an orphan without good lineage as her daughter in law. So we... Chase her out from lucknow. We didn't know she was pregnant." she looked at his face. Both of them sat looking at each other for long.

Arnav drew in a deep breath and looked at Rathore's grim face.

"Where is your mother beta? Can I please meet her? I want to apologise to her once before I die." Nani cried in guilt, mami console her.

Rathore swallowed past the big lump in his throat.

"My mother died when I was born into this world. I grown up in street like a beggar. I need to steal bread to survive. In my teenage age I picked up trash that can be recycled using that money to study. After reach adulthood, finally financial stable. I search for my mother. I found out she gone crazy after being dumped by a rich man and I search for that man. Just few years ago I found out about him. Just a few days ago I have decided confront you about him." He told them.

Khushi was speechless, her eyes moist.

"Beta, I saw how Ratna's life destroyed because she had snatched your mother's life. She couldn't accept her husband cheated on even after marriage. She shot him and herself. Her children were thrown out of the mansion." She told him, softly.

"This is all karma" Nani cried.

"I have been Orphan all my life Naniji. Survive all by my own all these years. How much I yearn for love and family, God only knows." Rathore told honestly.

Arnav's eyes full of pain and tears. His mother whom he loved did such a thing? And his two timing dad what can he expect from him? What right he had to blame Garima?

Anjali is weeping heavily and Lavanya hugged her.

"Beta you're not Orphan. Even if you are not my daughter's son. I wish to have you as my Grandson. I can see it must be your mother you took after. Unlike someone." Nani taunted Arnav before everyone.

"What do you say Anjali bitiya? Are you alright with Raghav staying with us?" She asked.

"Ji Nani. What problem would I with my bhai staying here?" Anjali accepts easily.

"No Naniji. I can't stay here. I came here to know the truth, now that everything is clear I have to go.." He refused straight out. Why this old lady making it difficult.

"Acha.. Are you married Beta?" She looked at him fondly.

Rathore looked at Khushi and said no.

"I'm living alone at Hotel." He said.

"That's it Bitwa, just stay here. We are your family from now on." Mamaji said as Akash agreed with him.

Rathore's poker face almost broken. If he stays here, he will be able to see her everyday.. But with him.