BEAUTIFUL MEMORIES

“Since I can’t be with you right now I will have to be content just dreaming about when we will be together again.”-Unknown

Outside

Rathore leaned against the hospital wall, he know what’s going on inside and it’s breaking his heart. It’s always been Arnav.. He is the one she actually loves, not him.

He glanced at the message from his man saying the works is done. Yes, he ordered them to injure Arnav. He is willing to take risk, he can’t wait any longer. He will end this all for once. Before…

“Mr Rathore?” A familiar voice called him, Dr Rahul Mehra once was his family doctor.

To his horror Dr. Mehra knows all about him and Tapasya.

“Finally, you agreed to get your treatment?” Dr. Mehra felt relieved seeing him in the hospital.

Rathore looked at him in silence and nod no.

“But Mr. Rathore..” He stopped seeing Rathore’s killing glare. He was fired when he got Rathore diagnosed.

“Come with me.” His voice hoarse called him, he fisted him palm trying keep his anger in check, he drags the doctor away with him.

_________________

“Arnavji, you need rest.” She told him firmly.

“I am thinking about marriage. Let’s go straight for the marriage. No more rituals, I don’t want to waste time.” Arnav replied with a smile.

“Then let’s do it.” Khushi raised her head and looked at him.

“Where do you want to get marry Khushi? Your favourite devi maiyaa temple?”

Khushi was silent for a moment, then said.

“No Arnavji.. Sheesh Mahal, the place where everything started. Let’s make bad memories into good one. “

A smile bloomed from his face and his eyes crinkled in happiness. For about three whole minutes, the man did nothing but giggle.

“The most beautiful time of my life began with me meeting you…” He confessed.

She blushed.

_______________

One week later, when Arnav discharged, Khushi revealed the news about her upcoming nuptials with Arnav. As she expected, Anjali could not hide the grin on her face.

Under Nani’s order they decide to get engaged at least first and marry next week. Akash, he even had her start to prepare for the wedding.

Payal was equally happy when she heard the news, and she even joined Akash in discussing the wedding details.

The young couple was shoved to the side, and the everyone started happily discussing the details of the wedding.

The three elders, Garima, Buaji and Nani even brought out a calendar to look for a date with auspicious date. That date was December 12th. After deciding the date, the three elders started discussing the wedding venue and the like.

After they had decided practically everything, Nani finally turned to Khushi and Arnav, who had been ignored the whole night, and asked with a giant smile on her face, “Chote, Khushi bitiya what do you think about having the wedding on the twelfth of December? It’s just two weeks away, so we will need to prepare…”

Arnav’s first reaction was to turn to look at Khushi. After sensing his gaze on her, she smiled lightly feeling shy and answered, “As long as Arnavji is fine with it, I’m fine with it.”

Mamiji immediately swooped in on her son’s behalf. “Of course, my Arnav bitwa is fine with it. It’s decided then, the wedding is on the twelfth of December!”

Arnav couldn’t help, his smile widen seeing his family’s antics.

Mamaji, who had always been subservient to his wife, concurred, “Yes, the twelfth of December it is.”

“Now that the date has been decided, what about the venue?” Nk asked.

“We’re considering Sheesh Mahal.” Both Arnav and Khushi said at same time and smiled at each others.

Other don’t have any objections.

Their smile was like a pill of assurance for the three elders. Akash and NK took out pen and paper, Payal, Anjali and Lavanya were helping them and started designing the wedding schedule without even asking the young couple for their opinions.

Rathore sat to the side with a gentle smile on his face and listened to them quietly and remained completely silent throughout.

In fact, when their discussion reached its climax, he even turned his head to look out at the darkened sky, and his mind started to wander.

They’re getting married just like that? I suppose… Alas, the groom is someone who she loves.

______________

December 5— Engagement

After that, Rathore looked at the date on the calendar. He felt like those things that had happened with Khushi were from his previous life.

She is going to be Mrs. RAIZADA.

He still remember the horror he had when they brought him accompany them to buy engagement rings.

When her tried on the ring, the ray refracted by the diamond lit up her eyes and punctured his heart. They stayed in the store for about half an hour before they selected a beautiful pair of engagement rings.

Even from a distance, Rathore still managed to catch a good look of that ring.

It was of the latest cut, elegant and exquisite. The diamond was big and slightly pink in color.

There was a knife that stabbed right into Rathore’s heart, causing the blood to drain from his face seeing the happy lovey dovey couple.

He was so devastated that he felt like crying. and her drag her away from Arnav but.. Isn’t this what he wanted?

Khushi finally made her selection. When Arnav got up to pay the bill, Rathore felt the oxygen around him dispersing, he had such difficulty breathing that he felt like fainting right there and then. This time, he did not wait for them to walk out of the store before he turned around and left.

_______________

PRESENT DAY

Nani and Anjali welcomed Dr.Rahul Mehra and His wife Radha also Anjali's school mate.

NOT KNOWING A BIG TROUBLE IS COMING THEIR WAY.

To be continued…