Sixteen

Authors Note! It's Wednesday! ❤️ Enjoy!

The area was similar to a gym. The weights looked and functioned differently from the primitive technology on earth. They used a type of magnetic resistance instead of actual dead weight.

"Ninak is right. You're weak. You'll never win a claiming like this." His eyebrows pulled in as he watched me struggle with the next rep. My hair was drenched, stray pieces laid against my dripping cheeks.

"What if I don't care about winning." I gritted out as I gave my last push. The bar I held in both hands finally reached the point where the resistance gave and the it levitated above me as if connected to invisible magnets.

"I just want to go home." I shook my head.

"You're not leaving this ship." Phaèryon was deadly serious.

"Oh I will. Dead or alive I'm leaving this ship." I half laughed as I tried to stand from the bench.

Phaèryon let out a snarl, barring sharpened teeth under his lightly curled up lip. He gripped my neck and pushed me forcefully back onto the bench.

"As I said before.." his eyes bore into mine with a force that tightened my insides. He leaned down closer, brushing my ear with the corner of his mouth.

"Your cooperation is not a requirement." The words nearly dripped from his warm lips as they grazed my neck.

I wanted to hate him.

I wanted to hate his body being this close to mine. I wanted to be disgusted by the way he controlled everything around him with such ease.

But I can't.

No matter what I try to convince myself of, the fact that he is the cause for all of this..

The cause of my mother and father's deaths.

The fact that they're using women as surrogates for their own species.

No matter what fucked up thing I think of, I can't seem to hate him. I can't seem to be put off by his existence in the slightest. I was actually curious about him.

Curious about them..

Could they all bare teeth and claws? Did all of their bodies glow red? Why was Phaèryon so interested in me? I wasn't anything special, especially not back on earth. Getting noticed by anyone that wasn't making fun of my angel white appearance was close to impossible.

"Now get up and go change. I want to show you something." A glint of excitement could be seen behind his heavily guarded expression as he exited the gym. His attitude flipped one eighty from just seconds ago.

"Watch it." A large male grumbled as I accidentally bumped into him on my way out of the gym.

"Sorr-" I cut myself short as I realized who it was. The male from the woods. The first one I saw, who I shot at and ran from.

From the look on his face he's just beginning to put that fact together. I spun on my heel as I tried to make my escape.

"Where do you think you're going?" He gripped my shoulder, turning me around.

"I- I'm I.." I struggled to tell him I was going back to the Kings quarters.

"The breeding level is-" He started. I gained some back bone and replied before he could finish.

"I'm not a breeder." I spoke matter of factly as I pulled away from him.

"Every human female on this vessel is a breeder." The look in his white eyes sent a chill down my spine.

"Not me." I challenged him.

He growled once again, this time his hand shot up to my neck, shoving me against the wall behind me.

"You think you're special?" His bright eyes darkened as they roamed across my face.

"I could break every bone in your body and you'd still be a viable subject for breeding." His body was pressed against mine, his eyes scavenging as they scoped me out from above. I shuttered at the feeling of his breath against my cheek. I pressed myself further into the wall behind me, wishing I could disappear through it.

"Get your hands off me." I growled, my face turning red with frustration as I pushed uselessly on his large frame.

"I Radeon Alpheyon claim this female as my own!" The sound of his loud voice made my ears ring. The sheer volume in it was enough to pass through a concrete bank vault.

Eyes turned to us, my neck still inside his fist. I glared at him, visually shooting him with all the disgust I felt inside me.

"Who will stand against me? Let it be known!" There was a feeling of pride welling up inside of him, so apparent that it could be seen by anyone who looked at him.

"I will." The smooth voice was like melting honey against my sore throat.

Radeon's neck snapped back to see Phaèryon standing behind him. His attendance must have upset Radeon because his grip on my throat tightened.

"You're aware of the laws. Physical contact with humans is forbidden. This female is unmarked, you have no power over her. Release her." My eyes shot to Phaèryon as he said this, remembering his touch against my skin.

"I don't want to kill you, cousin." Radeon started, releasing my neck. He turned his body away from me and toward Phaèryon.

"But I want her more." He fixed his glare at his new enemy.

"Then my cousin, you must wait for the Rivalry." Phaèryon smiled, a sinister curve played on his pale lips. He held his arm out to the side, his now cold gaze meeting mine. I obeyed his silent command.