Chapter-5

TW- Contains scenes of physical and verbal abuse. If you do not wish to read, please skip the part marked with a line break (〰️〰️〰️) at the beginning. I will provide a summary of that part in my author's note at the end.

After the thrilling introduction I had of my family I was told by Elisio to hand over my bags to the maid so he could take me on a tour of the house

After Camille had taken my bags and told me she would set them up in my room, Elisio started to show me around the house.

Every corner of the house spelled Luxury. From the exquisite Persian carpets to the beautiful chandelier that hung in the hallway. One thing was for sure, these people did not shy away from displaying their wealth.

I mean they had a pool, a huge garden with more than a 100 types of flowers, a cinema room and a gym, and this was just the first two floors.

Just as I was about to step onto the stairs for the third and last floor, Elisio called out to stop me. "You can't go up there." I looked at him confused, "Why?"

After a second of what looked like deep contemplation he spoke up again, "I still have to show you the library and the music room." That was suspicious but a library and music room!? Fuck the third floor I wanna see that!

The library and music room were right next to each other, the library was like the one you would see in movies, like the library from beauty and the beast. Shelves upon shelves filled with expensive, old, hardcover books, with a little nook in the corner beside a long window, it seemed like the perfect little reading corner.

"So you like to read?" Elisio asked me from behind, I turn back to him "Yeah, I read from time to time." And that was in fact one of the few true things I have said since I got here.

"Well, you're welcome to come here anytime you want." He told me before escorting me out and towards the music room.

The music was a lot smaller than the library, probably the size of a bedroom, maybe smaller. Looking around I realised that this wasn't just a music room but a music slash art room, a large portion of the area towards the left was occupied by music instruments, guitars (both electric and acoustic), a bass, tuba, violins, a harp and best of all a beautiful set of drums.

While the other side of the room, the one next to a floor to ceiling window that let in the sunlight perfectly. Was covered in art supplies, paints and brushes of different kinds were splayed all across while an easel with a blank canvas was set up against a wooden stool.

As I walked towards it I could see a drying rack as well, it currently had a painting on it, a simple scenery, with mountains and a sunny sky. "Who made this?" I asked Elisio. "Dad did."

I turn to him shocked, the big bad mafia leader Donatello De Niro is a painter. And not just any painter, a painter who makes sunny pretty paintings like this. That was definitely a shocker.