Chapter-24

Kai ran up to me

Kai ran up to me. Holding onto my hand, almost pulling me out of the room "I'll get the car ready, just don't look back and run." But I stopped him. A teary smile on my face. "No, I need to do this."

He shook his head, "You don't have to. Trust me, you don't have to do anything." I simply squeezed his hand and pushed him aside to walk towards my father. I was breathing heavy, why was I breathing heavy. "I know you want to ask a lot of things, probably shout too. But just let me explain everything."

"And what is it you want to explain?" I swallowed hard and kept my gaze on the ground. "I have a history of violent blackouts, it's basically me going on a rampage and not remembering anything after it happens. It happens when I'm under extreme pain or stress, there have been a lot of incidents of me doing things that I regret so much but the one that changed everything was may 17th. I hadn't made dinner, I got my first period, and I had really bad cramps I could barely get out of bed." I let out a miserable laugh.

"They got back, they high on blaze, I didn't anticipate it but they were angry, very angry. An hour later I was on the living room floor bleeding, and they were laughing, and I was in so much pain." hot angry tears fell from my eyes, as I remembered that day.

"And she was so happy. I snapped. I don't remember what happened after that, I spent years trying to figure it out but I just couldn't. One moment I was on the floor screaming for them to stop, the next I was on top of her, holding a broken glass bottle, and she wasn't moving, she had stopped moving a while ago. And-." before I could continue my father stood up. I stopped abruptly, not knowing what was coming, but out of reflex my hand immediately went to the back of my pants, and stilled there.

"I don't need that many details." He spoke, and I nodded "What does any of this have to do with the Mafia shit?" This time Kai spoke up instead of me. "She didn't know what to do, or where to go for help, we were fourteen, we didn't anything at that point, but then there was this small biker gang, they helped us, they helped us get rid of bodies, helped us pin it on someone who was already an escaped felon, and they took us in, found foster homes for us, and we worked for them.

They were a small gang, local drug dealers nothing too big, but then the leader died and left everything in the name of Natalia Romanova." Kai came to a stop beside me and intertwined his hand with mine. "That was when Natalia Romanova was born and she created the Jaded Lions."

There was silence, pin drop silence. God! why the hell won't anyone speak. "I-I" I look towards my father. I knew it was stupid but I had hope, hope that he would understand that he would forgive me for what I did to his wife. "I need to uh- I just need..." he trailed off as he exited the room walking past me hurriedly.

I turn back to face my brothers who were also looking the way our father had left. I stuttered for a few seconds, "I-I'll go pack my bags, I'll be out of here within an hour, one of you can tell him that." I grabbed Kai's hand and was on our way out but Emilio stopped me. "No, Ana, you're not leaving. Look a lot has happened right now, and I'm still wrapping my head around almost all of it, but you're not going anywhere, dad's just in shock, finding out mom did to-." He couldn't even finish that sentence. "I'll talk to him, right now, you just go and rest."

And with that he left the room, my eyes flitted over the rest of them, Ermes was looking on the brink of tears as he looked onto me. Elisio was sitting down with his head in hands as he sputtered out curses in italian. Ermes stared into the floor, like he was playing his entire life on repeat in his head, lastly I look at my twin who caught my eye for a brief second but looked away almost immediately, almost like he felt guilty.

Kai tugged at my hand again and this time I let him lead me to my room. Once inside I took a seat on my bed looking at Kai as he rushed around the gathering random things. "Kai what are you doing?" I asked him. "Getting your stuff." I sighed as he continued. "Kai we're not leaving, at least not until they tell us explicitly that they want us to leave.

He stopped as he turned to look at me. "Are you serious? Stasia you saw how Donatello reacted, that man worshipped his wife, we have to think logically here. I'm not sure he is going to be in his right mind right now, and honestly I don't think this place is the safest for us at the moment."

I gave him a small smile and motioned for him to come closer, sighing he set all the stuff down and came to sit beside me on the bed. "Kai, I ran the first time. I couldn't handle what happened with Maria so I ran. That haunts me to this day. I don't want to run away this time. We're both older, smarter, and I'm gonna face whatever happens this time. There's no big muscular man coming this time."

"I'd say I'm pretty muscular." Kai said as he attempted to lighten the mood, and that did end up getting a small smile from me. "Shut up." and he nodded.

"I just, we're grown up, I want to handle this the way grown ups do. That includes facing them head on. And I'm not gonna ask you stay, this isn't your mess."

"Yes it is." He spoke, a smile evident on his face. "Best friends remember? I'm here till the end of the line." He leaned his forehead against. What would I do without this boy. "Till the end of the line." repeated.

Our moment was cut short by the knock on the door. Both of us turn to look at and Kai stands up to go answer the door.

__________________________

Nothing much to say this week but hey!!!

I hope you liked this chapter!!

Also Just a little update on my life! I was in a play!!!!

I played the Queen in Shakespeare in Love!!

A little photo of our company!!

Anyway see you soon!!

Love you all!!💕💕✨✨

Do vote

Comment

Share