Teaser

Hello my dear readers!

I know this isn't the usual chapter you were expecting, that would be coming tomorrow, cause I'm still working on it. However I needed to get a chapter out by today so wattpad could count it in my weekly word count, contracts and all that...

So instead to hold you off till monday I'm posting a teaser for an upcoming book and an idea that I've been toying with for a while, there is no determined time for when this might come out, it could take a little while with uni, work and all but maybe this could give you an idea of what you might find interesting in the future. 

It is a fantasy book based on teenage witches, werewolves and whole bunch of supernatural beings so give it a read tell me what you think and if you'd want to see it happen irl. 

NEW CHAPTER FOR THIS BOOK COMING ON MONDAY

~~~~~~~

'"You best watch your mouth girl, before he decides to throw you to the streets." Maria sneered in the young girl's face.

Aspen was on the ground, having been thrown on it not two seconds ago, her left cheek supported a bright red handprint, while the unshed tears in her eyes were clear indication of her anger towards the woman in front of her.

"I don't care." Aspen spoke, willing herself to keep the tremble from her voice. Maria's eyes almost bulged out from her head, she was livid, it was quite clear.

But that wasn't the reason she was yelling right now, she was yelling because Aspen was her responsibility, Maria was the one who was supposed to take care of the girl, teach her the ways of the coven and prepare to be a witch. But to her absolute disappointment Aspen was a loose canon.

Having had enough of the girl's tantrums Maria held her hand out, letting a wisp of cobalt blue energy envelope her hand she opened her mouth to recite the spell but a hand on her shoulder stopped her, turning to see the grand magus.

Her hand dropped instantly, the chatter of the gathered up crowd seemed stop immediately. The man was tall, Aspen would guess he was almost seven feet tall. He always walked with
that air of superiority, his shiny blond hair reached just below his ears, he might be considered a beautiful man, and in a way he was, at least in his pictures.

But in real life, his eyes were what caused nightmares for the younger children living in the academy. Athanasios approached the girl, and kneeled before her, his eyes in line with her.

Aspen watched frozen still as he raised his hand towards her face. Her fingernails dug into her palms as she tried to stop herself from flinching in fear. His hand came to rest on her cheek as he swiped away a drop of blood, seeing the red liquid on the tip of his thumb made Aspen realise that she has bled, her eyes flashed towards the heavy rings Maria wore on her left hand, the one she used to backhand her.

"Aspen." He spoke, his deep voice capturing his attention again, "Yes." She answered. The older man looked at her with a smile, "Who is it you pray to?" He asked the girl. The question to determine whether she leaves this conversation dead or alive.

Aspen looked around her, the small crowd that had gathered around was watching captured, eyes traveling from her to the grand magus as though they were watching a fast paced tennis match.

Aspen had felt like laughing out loud when she looked at Maria, the woman's face was red with rage, a silent threat loomed in her eyes, if she was a cartoon character steam would be coming from her ears right about now.

Looking back to the grand magus who had his eyes trained on her, she held her head up high, sucking in a breath through her nose, "Hecate." She spoke, this time she didn't need to try and keep her voice steady , she had spoken what she had wanted to and she wasn't going to back down on it.