Chapter-16

I stop dead in my tracks, and turn back to him, the grip on my drink tightening

I stop dead in my tracks, and turn back to him, the grip on my drink tightening. "What did you just say?"

Damien was looking at the painting in front of him, the one with the hands holding the rose. "Well, I am the host, so I think it's just good manners to ask your guest to enjoy the party. Don't you agree Ms. Romanova?" That was his response.

"Where have you heard that name? Because I distinctly remember introducing myself as Anastasia De Niro." I said, trying to keep my cool. He laughs "Oh I remember. I also remember hearing a different name somewhere else. And forgive me but I tend to believe more in first impressions."

I cock my head to the side. Whoever he was, this man was intent on playing games, and if that's so, then game on. "Oh really, and where was that?"

He clicks his tongue "Hard to remember, it was a while ago to be honest. Probably somewhere in Russia. You know, given the accent. " I nodded my head. Setting down my drink at a nearby table.

"And what was your name again?" I ask. "Damien Ledger. Australian but he way, if the accent didn't already give it away." he turns to me as well. "And have we met before. A time I'm not remembering?" I say as my hand inches towards the blade resting inside the back of my jeans.

"Yes." was Damien's simple reply. That was all the confirmation I needed, he was not some normal highschool wannabe bad boy, he was someone I needed to....take care of.

I took out the daggers out, Damien's eyes go straight towards them, and he laughs, "Was there really a need for those?" I shrugg. "Well I'm a gracious guest and I come bearing gifts." The smile on my face was big.

After a few of moments of looking at me, Damien sighed. "Then so do I." He let his drink fall to the ground carelessly as he pulled out a pair of fight rings that he slipped on to his right hand.

I smirk as I see him get ready. "Perfect." I throw one blade at his direction. Unfortunately he ducked in time to avoid being hit in the head. "What? no foreplay?" he asks, "You can't handle me?" I'm smug. Sue me!

He laughs as he starts walking towards me, "Trust me darling. I'm the only one who can handle you." I started to walk backwards, hands in front of me, he struck out, trying to get a hit on my face but I swerved while also swinging my blade out to try and catch him.

it took me less than three moves to get him pinned up to the wall, with my hands wrapped tightly around his wrists. "Who the hell are you?" He smiles "It kills you doesn't it? Not knowing who I am?" I ignore his words.

But before I can do anything he swipes my feet from under me making me fall to the ground. But surprisingly, he braced my head with his hand. Damien landed on top of me, with his legs on either side of my waist.

while his forearms rested beside my head. Damien brought his face closer to mine, I could feel his breath of my face. I held contact with his eyes. "Have you ever wondered what Damien sounds like?" he asks me. I could not understand the meaning behind the question.