Chapter-11

First days of school suck ass

First days of school suck ass. The one thing Hollywood gets right about teenagers and their screwed up lives is that high school is hell.

People think that if you're popular or at least have the chops to be popular then life would be easy for you at a new school, but that is so not the case. You are a clean slate at a new school, add to that the fact that you are in a completely new country just worsens the situation.

I had been standing in front of the receptionists office for the past five minutes debating whether to go in or just book it out of the damn school. Finally taking a deep breath I entered the room, I was greeted by an elderly looking woman.

"Oh hello dear, how can I help you?" "I'm new, I need my schedule and stuff." I inform her, and she immediately looks down at her her computer typing some stuff in.

"Your name?" "Anastasia Mak-." I stop halfway, realising that my father would probably have not registered me by the fake name my mother had gotten us. "Anastasia De Niro."

Soon enough she had printed out all of my documents including my schedule locker number and combination and a bunch of other documents. I had not seen my brothers since I had left the house.

Kai had gone in first and gotten his schedule. And fortunately we had three or four classes together. The first however was math for me and history for Kai so we went our separate ways.

It wasn't too hard finding my class, once inside I took a seat at the back, hoping to skip the awkward 'new student introduction' the teachers always found interesting.

I had maybe looked down for a just a second but when I looked back up I had two pairs of eyes staring at me, "Um hi." The duo in front of me smiled even bigger. "Hi, I'm Quinn and he's Jeremy." The girl spoke pointing to herself and her friend.

"So, I hear you're new. What's your deal? You a loner, or a rich bitch type?" Jeremy asked, "You are very strange." I couldn't stop myself from saying that. But the boy simply nodded to the statement.

"Well you kind of have to be at least a little bit strange when you've been labelled the school's social pariahs." Quinn piped up beside me. "Pariahs?" I ask them, the girl immediately jumped up like she had been accused of something "We're not the glue sniffing kind of weird but more the... non hetero kind of weird."

My eyes widen as I look at the two of them, scoffing I ask, "You two can't possibly be the only two non straight people in this school." they laugh as well.

"We're not but the people who are out are either super attractive or rich and the others are either in the closet or can scare the others enough to not bully them. And I think it's pretty clear that the both of us don't fall into any of those categories."

"That's bullshit."

"We know." the two spoke at the same time. before we could talk any further the door to the class opened, and in walked my brother, Joseph De Niro. Strutting into class like he owns the bad damn school.