Chapter 9

"A seeker in planet 614?" Snufkin mused, reeling in the string when he felt he caught a fish. This is the first he's hearing a story from Star that he didn't get to hear from her. Instead, he heard it from a curious Moomin. Who came to him to ask about one thing.

"Yes, do you think what she's saying is true? Moomin Papa said it sounded like it came from a kid's book."

"Well I certainly wouldn't blame him." Snufkin himself thought they were riddles. Star's story just don't seem to be based on the truth. It all sounds so make believe. Then he decided to give her stories a listening mind.

"I did give her a chance to tell her story. Just give it a thought that maybe, she's telling the truth. Besides, her stories sounded interesting. Don't you think?" Said Snufkin.

"Oh I definitely agree that they're interesting. I actually plan to ask her to tell me more about it."

"You can ask her when she gets back from helping Moomin Mama with the garden."

"Yeah, I could even invite Snorkmaiden! She already believes in her stories."

And so that's what Moomin did, he visited Snorkmaiden's house and asked her to go to the bridge with him. Where Star is more likely to be, telling the story to Snufkin probably. Moomin's thought was correct, because Star and Snufkin were already talking to each other about anything at all.

"Star! Snufkin! Hope you didn't start without us!" Moomin made their presence known and the two turned their heads to meet them.

"It's about time!" Little My popped out of no where. Giving Moomin and Snorkmaiden quite a surprise.

"Little My! What are you doing here?" Moomin asked.

"What do you think? I'm here to listen to Star's story." Little My turned to Star "Now can you tell us about this planet?"

"I'll get to it Little My" Star said before clearing her throat.

"After leaving the seeker's planet. I then moved on to the next neighboring planet. Planet 615."

***

Star landed on planet 615, where it was occupied by a girl in purple.

"Good evening!"

"Good evening." The girl didn't turn around to face her. Too busy focusing on the stream that flowed throughout the planet. Giving life to growing patches of grass that bloomed little pink anemone flowers that swayed with the wind.

"What are you doing?" Star asked.

"Reflecting. . . About how I got into a boat to the other side." The girl in purple said.

"A boat to the other side?"

"Yes, I rode that boat. And now I wish I hadn't."

"Oh, why is that?"

"Because I can no longer live a life with the friends I want."

"I can be your friend!" Star suggested. She loved the idea of having her first friend. Star has been alone for so long. This could be her only chance.

"It doesn't work that way. I need to be back on my home planet." The girl in purple said.

Star is confused again, just like it is in other planets "But isn't this place your home planet?"

"No it is not. I once live in a place called earth."

"Earth?" Star hasn't heard of that planet before "Is it far?" She asked.

"No, the planet is only a few travels away." The girl in purple pointed to a direction heading east.

"I see. . ." This earth planet sounds interesting. Alright it's settled, Star will go to this planet called Earth and see what it has to offer. Although this girl in purple seemed very odd, Star will respect her decision though, for now she must hurry and leave before the whale leaves. She hopes the whale travels through Earth's orbit.

***

"Why wouldn't she want to be friends I wonder?" Snorkmaiden pondered for a bit.

"I didn't know either at first, but I soon found out what she had meant by that the further my journey takes me." Star recounted the memory of when she first learned that lesson and she couldn't stop a fond smile from stretching across her face.

"What did you learn about Star?" Moomin asked.

"Well I learned—" Star never got to finishing her sentence. All thanks to a certain scaled creature hovering over the group like a small cloud covering the sun.