Chapter 12

"Another fancy dress ball? How delightful!" Moomin Mama smiled with glee.

"Yes indeed it is. And I was hoping Snorkmaiden can make it this—" Fillyjonk was silenced in her words when she heard a certain tune spread throughout the Valley. Miss Fillyjonk then walked over to the window, trying to see who could be playing that beautiful tune.

"My, who is that young girl over? The one with (h/c) hair." Moomin Mama looked over to what Miss Fillyjonk is looking at. Turns out, miss Fillyjonk is just referring to Star and Snufkin.

"Oh! That's just (Y/n). But she prefers to be called Star."

Fillyjonk couldn't believe it, such a beautiful tune, such grace with her playing. A talent like that must be shared with the most noble of people. Just as soon as Moomin Mama said that. The door opened to reveal Snorkmaiden and Little My. Snorkmaiden first spoke "You called for us Moomin Mama?"

"Oh, perfect timing!" Fillyjonk beams.

"Ow!" Snufkin cried out in pain. He had been sitting among the grass while Star sits on the railing of the bridge. Star suspected that it could be a stray sharp rock that could've done this. There was a small scar on Snufkin's palm now. Something they can't just leave alone unless Snufkin would want to get an infection.

"Here! Use this." Star quickly took a hold of Snufkin's hand and began wrapping a napkin around his cut.

"Why thank you Star. But I think this will unfortunately mean that we won't be having a duet in a while." Snufkin says as he hid away his harmonica.

"It's fine, so long as you're okay Snufkin." As much as Star loves playing a duet, her friend's safety comes first. Soon they heard their names being called by Snorkmaiden and Little My. Approaching them as if they just received the greatest news known to mankind.

"Fancy dress ball?" Star has never heard of such a party before.

Snufkin and Star were just in the middle of another duet when Snorkmaiden and Little My approached them about a certain ball that will be hosted in a manor in the forest.

"Why yes! And miss Fillyjonk has invited to come again!"

"Again?" Star raised an eyebrow.

"They were invited to a fancy dress ball last year." Snufkin chimed in.

"Did you attend the ball Snufkin?"

Snufkin shook his head "Oh no. Fancy dress balls are not my thing. But you can go if you want to."