Chapter 11

It's another beautiful spring day in Moomin Valley. Which is why everyone is outside enjoying the view of the valley during spring.

Star kept on playing and playing her tin whistle and Snorkmaiden danced and danced. Snufkin and Moomin are out spending time together this day so Star thought she could play with Snorkmaiden this time. Dancing away to music is how they decided to spend their time together.

"You play so beautifully Star, come dance with me." Snorkmaiden suggested, but Star refused.

"Oh I could never do that, without music then you won't be able to dance."

"We could always dance without music. C'mon, I want to see you dance with me!" Snorkmaiden did not wait for Star to respond before she grabbed her hand to pull her into a dance. Not that Star minded, she began slowly enjoying swaying around with Snorkmaiden.

Eventually, Star let go and started dancing on her own. She recalled how the twins from planet 612 danced and she began replicating what she had seen. She hopped and skipped and pointed her toes until she's basically dancing ballet. Snorkmaiden also then tried to do ballet and she did so wonderfully.

"You're right Snorkmaiden. You can dance without music." Star gave a light laugh and continued to dance and hop when she can.

A dance Moomin and Snufkin watched and admire from afar. Moomin looking love struck while staring at Snorkmaiden dance. While Snufkin couldn't tear his eyes away from Star, who kept on dancing with grace and joy. He hasn't seen her dance like this before and something deep down in him wished he saw her dance sooner. But he'll respect her privacy and desire to dance in her own time.

For now, he can join Moomin in watching two maidens dancing to nothing but the sound of nature.