𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘫𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘺——————————————————

𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘫𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘺
——————————————————

"You seriously think those weirdos know where will is?" Lucas asked, "just trust me on this. okay?" Mike replied.

"Okay." I said with a shrug, I definitely did not trust him on this cause it was stupidly ridiculous.

"Did you get the supplies?" Mike asked Lucas, "Yeah." Lucas answered.

"Binoculars...from 'Nam. Army knife...also from 'Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandana...and the wrist rocket." Lucas said, "You're gonna take out the demogorgon with a slingshot?" Dustin said.

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the demogorgon's not real. It's made up. but If there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye...and blind it." Lucas replied, twelve looked at me with his head titled, he didn't know what a wrist rocket was.

Mike sighed, "Dustin, what did you get?" He asked, when I saw Dustin drop the things from out of his bag all I saw was food.

"Well, alrighty. So, we've got...Nutty bars, Bazooka, Pez, smarties, Pringles, Nilla wafers, apple, banana, and trail mix." Dustin said, "Seriously?" Lucas spoke.

"We need energy for our travels. For stamina." Dustin told us, "And besides, why do we even need weapons anyway? We have them." He pointed over to Eleven and twelve.

"She shut one door! And he just shut one door as well!" Lucas said, "Wait- they can shut doors?" I asked.

"With their minds! Are you kidding me? That's insane! Imagine all the other cool stuff they could do." Dustin said, I watched as he ran over to get something.

"Like...I bet...that they both can make this fly!" Dustin said excitedly, I was definitely not happy about this.

"Hey. Hey. Okay, concentrate. Okay?" Dustin said, Twelve looked at him confused, "Okay, one more time." And whatever Dustin had in his hands had dropped to the ground again.

"Idiot." Lucas said, shaking his head, "they're not dogs!" Mike said as he picked up whatever Dustin had in his hands.

"Boys, (Y/n)! Time for school." Karen yelled, I grabbed my jacket and backpack, before I could leave someone's cold hand grabbed my wrist.

I turned around and saw it was twelve, "Wh..where are you going?" He asked, "School, where else?" I replied and took my wrist out of his grasp.

"Will you..come back?" I heard him ask, "I'm supposed too." I told him and walked away.

———

"Hey," I called out, twelve turned to me and titled his head a little, "You okay?" I asked, he looked nervous.

Twelve nodded in response, I patted the back of my bike, "Hop on." I told him, I got on my seat and he got on the back.

I rode off with the others, Twelve laid his head on my back, I was confused at the gesture but didn't say anything about it.

———

We were now walking down a trail, I had my bike to the side as twelve walked beside me.

"What's wrong?" Twelve asked, I turned to him, "Sorry?" I replied, he pointed to the bags under my eyes.

"Oh..just, I was a little tired I guess." I told him, "You..don't get..sleep?" he asked, I just shrugged in response.

"I do. just, uh, a lot of things have been bugging me." I said honestly, "Oh." he said.

There was a comfortable silence between us as we continued walking down the trail.

It was getting pretty late when we had arrived at..wills house? why were we here? Twelve walked forward and pointed at wills house, "Here." He said.

"Yeah, this is where will lives." Mike stated the obvious, "Hiding." Twelve said again.

"No, no, this is where he lives. He's missing from here. Understand?" Mike said, I dropped my bike, annoyed by the outcome of this.

"What are we doing here?" I asked, "he said he's hiding here." Mike answered, "Um...no!" Dustin exclaimed.

"I swear, if we walked all the way out here for nothing-"

Dustin couldn't finish his sentence because I spoke, "that's exactly what we did!" I yelled slightly.

"I told you they didn't know what the hell they were talking about!" I said, Lucas nodded in agreement, "why did you both bring us here?" Mike asked them both, twelve stammered.

"Mike, don't waste your time with them." Lucas said, this was all beginning to anger me. This whole thing was outrageous.

"What do you want to do then?" Mike asked, "Call the cops, like y'all should have done yesterday." I said.

"We are not calling the cops!" Mike exclaimed, "Hey, guys?" I heard Dustin say.

"What other choice do we have?" I yelled as I walked forward to mike, "Guys!" Dustin yelled.

I heard sirens in the distance, what were the police doing here? I hope this wasn't about Will.

"Will..." I trailed off, I ran over and grabbed my bike, Twelve got on the back of it.

We were close to arriving to the lake, once we did, we dropped our bikes to the side and hid behind an ambulance.

I had saw a body being dragged out of the water, Mae eyes widen when I saw it was will.

"Wha..what?" I trailed off, I felt a pit in my stomach- just two nights before the both of us were talking, and now he's just gone. Like that.

They both lied.

I moved away from the back of ambulance and saw twelve place a hand on his head in frustration, oh, he was frustrated? He has no right. He lied.

I felt a hand on my shoulder but I slapped it off, "(Y/n)-"

I snapped my head towards twelve, "'(Y/n)'? '(Y/n)' what? You lied! just to have a home to stay in. This was all ridiculous anyways! I don't know how you find this funny, I don't even know you or where you came from!" I yelled, twelve looked at me with sadness.

"I'm sorry-" twelve was cuff off by me yelling, but not loud enough for the police to hear.

"GET OUT MY FACE!" I yelled, I grabbed my bike, "(Y/n), come on, where are you going?" Dustin asked, "Home." I replied and biked away.

...