𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘺𝘸𝘰𝘨——————————————————

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘺𝘸𝘰𝘨
——————————————————

[Writer's pov]

Jesse walked into your room to see you still asleep, it worried him because you've been asleep since yesterday.

He didn't know exactly what happened but he was worried you'd never wake up.

[Void]

Maven got up from his sitting position, there was a red door in the center, he walked forward and opened it, when he did he saw you asleep on the bed but unresponsive.

Maven gasped and dropped to his knees beside you, worry washed over him as his eyebrows furrowed.

He touched your wrist and noticed how cold it was, he assumed the worst- but that wasn't the case, you were semi-flayed.

Maven then touched your chest and felt your heartbeat still going, he was glad that you weren't hurt.

"I'm coming back. I promise." Maven said in a whisper.

[writer's pov]

Maven ripped his blindfold off and jumped out of bed, then he saw hopper at the doorway.

He saw El walk into the kitchen, maven sighed and stood up, following her, he sat beside her and stared down at the eggos on the table.

Maven didn't want to eat so he pushed his plate away, "You visited him again?" Hopper asked, El didn't answer.

"You too?" Hopper asked, maven didn't answer, instead he glared at hopper.

"(Y/n) needs me." Is all maven said as he looked down at the table, "Want me to go check on them?" Hopper asked, Maven and El shook their heads.

"I know that you both miss them, Alright? But it's too dangerous. You're both the last thing they need right now. You're gonna see them both. soon. And not just in that head of yours. You're both gonna see them in real life. I feel like I'm making progress with these people." Hopper explained, El moved forward.

"Friends don't lie." she said, maven nodded in agreement while he crossed his arms.

"What?" Hopper said, Maven looked at him, "You say 'Soon' on day 21. You say 'Soon' on day 205. You now say 'Soon' on day 326?" Maven said.

"What is this? You're counting the days now like you're some type of prisoner?" Hopper said, Maven continued to glare at him.

"When is 'Soon'?" El asked, Hopper shrugged, "'Soon' is when...it's not dangerous anymore." he answered.

"When?" Maven asked more aggressively, "I don't know." Hopper answered.

"On day 500?"

"I don't know."

"On day 600?"

"I don't know."

"Day 700?"

"On day 800?!"

"No!"

"I need to see them. Tell me!" Maven yelled, "I said I...!" Before hopper can finish maven jerked his head forward and the eggos had fell on hopper.

"Friends don't lie!" Maven yelled and sped walk towards his room, El following.

With the flick of his hand he slammed the door shut.

[Reader's pov]

I awoke with a gasp and sat up, sweating and where I was..yesterday? Oh, that's right, it was Halloween.

When I looked around, I was in my room, Jesse must've left early since he had work to do. Then..guess I'll have to stay home today.

...