𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘰——————————————————

——————————————————

I stood next to will as I watched the emt people attend to Angela.

I looked over at maven who didn't look at me, he glared down at the ground in anger, his leg bouncing up and down.

———

We were now in the van, I sat away from maven and stared out the window.

Argyle and Jonathan started talking, they were probably high on weed or something.

———

We made it back to the byers house, I opened the door and walked inside.

I heard some type of opera music and sighed, what was happening now?

"Mom?" Will called out, there was no response, maven looked around, searching for Joyce.

When we made it inside the living room, Murray was in the kitchen..?

"Well, well! aren't you lot a sight for sore eyes, huh?" Murray said, "Hi, Murray." Jonathan greeted.

"You kids like risotto?" He asked, Jonathan laughed, "Yeah." He answered.

———

We were now at the table, I hadn't acknowledged maven for a minute now. I was just a bit upset that he lied.

"There I was, headed down the I-5, going to see a client in Ventura, I'm looking for a motel to stay for the night, and suddenly, bam, it hits me. 'Didn't the Byers move here'?" Muarry said.

"Small world, isn't it? It's a small world." Joyce added, I picked at my food.

"So I thought, 'hey, you know what? why don't I drop in, say hello to my old friends'?" Murray continued, "it's so sweet of you." Joyce said.

"Sweeter of you to let me stay." Murray said, "And he cooks too." Joyce continued.

"Mm, and cleans. a regular little house wife." Murray said, I sighed, maven hadn't said a word yet.

He changed into some different clothes, he wore a retro stripped shirt and some corduroy pants.

"You should just stay." Joyce said to Murray, "I'd be tempted, Joyce, except, you know, you have that, uh..." he trailed off.