𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘦——————————————————

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘦
——————————————————

"Is he talking about the flayed?"

"He must be."

Maven laid his head in my lap as he took a little nap, "So, he's building an army, just like we thought." Lucas said.

"Yeah, but he's building this army to spread." Mike added, I nodded, "He's building it to stop Eleven and Mae." Will spoke.

"Last year, El and Mae closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off." Mike continued, "like, royally." Lucas added.

"And the mindflayer now knows that they're the only thing that can stop him. But if they're both out of the way.." Mike trailed off, "Game over." I spoke.

"He also said he was gonna kill all of you." El added, I sighed and placed a hand on my forehead.

"Yeah, well, that's nice." Max said, Nancy looked around and got up from her spot and moved towards the windows.

"Did you guys hear that?" Nancy asked, Maven removed his head from my lap and looked around.

"It's just the fireworks." Jonathan said, "Billy...when he told you this, it was here, in this room?" Nancy asked.

I turned to will to see him touching the back of his neck, I felt a chill run down my spine.

"He knows we're here." Will said, Jonathan ran over to the door and opened it, I followed after him while holding maven's hand.

We all walked down the steps and outside, I stood with the others and looked over maven's shoulder, and what I saw made my eyes widen with fear.

It was him. The mindflayer but in a more fleshier form.

Can we ever get a break or what?

———

I helped Jonathan put the couch at the door, Lucas gestured for me to grab a nearby weapon so he could help Jonathan with the couch.

"Hey, get away from the windows." Nancy told everyone, I grabbed a kitchen knife and held it close, don't know how an knife was gonna help but I just wanted to have a weapon to feel safe.

I stood in the center next to maven and Lucas, maven grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly.

I heard loud and large stomps from outside, he was near.