C H A P T E R - 1

POV Nerissa

I was trying to stay in control of my anger while I watched the last can of lychee juice getting snatched away by some random dude. The whole day has been a mess and my only joy would have been the juice but I'm not even allowed to have that ? I was seriously considering jumping on him and steal the can when someone tapped on my shoulder.

"Who is the target of this death glare ?" asked Rina following my eyes

"The last can of my juice" I sighed, I could see her trying to hold her laugh and I was getting angrier by seconds. "Stop laughing ! You know how much I needed it !"

"Nerissa I'll buy you a whole pack of lychee juice if you return to the student residence with me" I could see my best friend loosing patience from my eye battle.

I gave a last glare to that guy before sighting and returning dejected. At least the night is chilly, actually I can't stand hot weather and it's one of the reasons why I chose to come here. My college is a huge campus with old buildings, it's a gothic revival style. Was my decision influenced by that as well ? Yes. I'm sorry I kinda like the dark academia aesthetics.

The student residence is near the uni, around 15 minutes by feet. It contrasts with the old buildings because it's a brand new place. Clean and modern, a cafeteria along with common kitchens, room to study alone or in groups and other common spaces to relax. No shared rooms but there are comfortable or at least you have space to make it nice, we even have our own shower room/bathroom. 

The city has a lot of shops and places to drink and eat so pretty lively. I think we're gonna have a really nice time for the years to come. I needed a nice space to start college and even if it was though moving out of home I think it was the best decision. I was too attached and it was starting to become unhealthy so here I am at Foxhunter trying to be finally independent.

Rina and I discussed until we arrive in front of the residence. A lot of student were still moving in. In the middle of the crowd I recognized someone who was waving at us.

"From the look on her face I guess she couldn't find that damn juice right ?" grinned my other friend Kei 

"Bingo ! The last can was taken when we got there, if I didn't stop her she would have jumped on that boy" 

"Scary when it comes to your snacks" he replied with a little smirk

"It's about principles ! Instead of mocking, you should comfort me, I even bought a mini-fridge for nothing" 

"Oh the pink bear shaped fridge arrived" said Rina clapping her hands "Then let's meet here at 8 we should go to the mall"

We decided to go for a shopping session tomorrow but for now we have to unpack and rest. I wished them a good night and went to my room. Girls room are on the first two floors and boys are on 3rd and 4th ones. Rina and I weren't on the same floor, all 3 of us were thus separated.

 When I enter my room I have the bathroom on my right and a huge wardrobe on the left side which goes to the main space. There I put a solo size bed, a large desk a TV and a nightstand. The room is quite spacious and bright thanks to the large window on the other side. I have a view on the small building courtyard, they put a black and comfortable swing. 

I decide to first take shower and then unpack my clothes then I'll sleep. I don't know if I'm the only one who can't shower without background noise ? I prefer listening to podcasts and rarely music. I might be scared of silence but I won't admit it. I ended up the evening unpacking my suitcases, eat a sandwich while watching a true crime documentary.

----

I opened my eyes and panicked at the unfamiliar view of the ceiling. 

Oh right I moved yesterday, I rarely slept elsewhere in my life so I just got scared. You're not a kid anymore Nerissa. I checked my phone.