C H A P T E R - 6

POV Jude

Nerissa was talking to her friend, there were a lot of yelling on her side. I don't get why everyone seems so...lively about this. Again I never participated in a ball...nor any kind of party since kindergarten. I got invited to a birthday party once but it turned out they teamed up to mock me. Since that time, I never participated in any kind of gathering. I grip my backpack harder and close my eyes to repress those painful memories.

Seeing her so busy on the phone, I decided to sneak to my room. I'll probably watch a movie or play video games. I suddenly felt small fingers pulling onto my sleeve. I try to get away but she's stronger than I thought. She gaves me a look that says 'you can't escape'. Nerissa has this thing to communicate a lot through her eyes. Her beautiful eyes. Huh ? Get a grip Jude ! You don't deserve to even look at her. 

After her call ended she approached me slowly, with her hand behind her back and bended lightly. She seems...mischevious. I'm not used to get attention and let alone by a girl. As always I swallow my saliva waiting for what was coming.

"Should we go now ?" Where ? Going where ?

She must have suspected my questioning because it's followed by "Your room". My heart sank. Why would she come to my room ? What will she do there ? To see your nice furniture obviously. Shut Up ! I froze the second her words dropped. A strangled 'Why ?' came out of my mouth. She chuckles and my face heats up. Of course she was only joking, she would never-

"I want to watch a movie with you, isn't it obvious ?" 

"Why would you...?" I stay in alert, she stares at me in disbelief "Jude, I just want to hang out a bit more with you, there is no specific reason. However if you feel uncomfortable I won't force you". She seems sincere but I'm still embarassed to let a girl in my room. "You can come"

She looks at me with surprise and excitement while I'm mesmerized by the huge smile plastered on her face. She's beautiful...I pop out of my maze to watch her take my arm and walk quickly to the small store near our residence while listing out snacks she'll buy. I can't help but smile. I wonder if she's aware of how other people are looking at her. I won't be surprised if she was already used to all the stares. Guy's stares I mean. 

Nerissa is radiating, she's the cool girl. Not the one to crush others nor being stepped on. The right balance, add this to her being already one of the prettiest girl on the campus -I might be an outcast but my ears are functioning perfectly- makes her quite popular. However anyone can see that she's not interested in that. She's interested in you. Shut up ! It's not like that...she just want us to hang out a bit...she'll soon get bored and disappear from my sight. 

I pull down my hood and let myself  being guided by the the sun like girl at my side. I took a pack of my favorite snack before going at the checkout, we eventually decided to split the bill after almost causing a ruckus. Nerissa stated that because she took most of the snacks she should be the one paying whereas my snack was more expensive than the others.

We finally got out and sun has already set. This place is-

"We met here first Jude." I look at her, she remembers too, I nodded. That day when she made me do something unexpected. Damn I danced in the rain with a random girl. Well she's not so random anymore. "Who knew we would meet again ?" she said tilting her head with this gleam in her eyes again. I don't know what it is but her eyes are swallowing me and I feel nervous. Not the nervousness before an exam, one I never felt . I hope I'll discover its meaning is one day.

Nerissa and I finally reach our residence, she wanted to drop her things and come in an hour. I gave her the number of my room. We were in different buildings so it didn't feel like she was close to my place.

Back to my place, I prepare bowls and plates for our snacks. Glasses and ice cubes for our drinks. Prepared the tv and put a huge blanket on the sofa. Automn is already here, I don't want her to get a cold by my fault. Do I need something else ? How would you know ? You don't even have friends. Right. I made this only by copying what I saw in a movie.. I changed in a simple grey shirt and some black sweatpants after a moment I decided to finish my homework while waiting for her. 

Finally I hear a knock on my door and I get there quicker than I should have. Slow down she won't run away. I open the door and I can't move anymore. 

The vision in front of me makes it hard to breathe. Nerissa standing there in her pajamas. A cute matching tank top and short light yellow colored with small cherries on the sides. She still came with a white cardigan or my heart would have stopped. I can see her eyeing me and I let her enter. While passing in front of me, I smelled her scent. The smell of flowers. I think she took a shower before coming. I should have done it too.

What should I do now ?

----

End of the year is approaching, I wish everyone to spend a nice time with your loved ones