a peaceful morning (toya aoyagi)

toya aoyagi

PEACEFUL, free from disturbance; tranquil.

you loved waking up in the morning, staring out from your room window to see the sunrise

you loved waking up in the morning, staring out from your room window to see the sunrise. it calmed your mind and relaxed yourself from school work and almost daily piano lessons. after doing your morning routine, you would go to your favourite cafe which was also convenient for you as if wasn't far from your school, kamiyama high school.

as you made your way to the cafe, you were texting your friend akito shinonome. he asked you if you could help him study after school for the upcoming exam. of course you agreed to his request, the exam was quite important and it would equal to 25% to your overall grade for the whole year, and if you were to fail this exam you would have to have extra lessons after school for about a few weeks. this would affect akito's training with his team after school should he fail his exam and you wouldn't want that to happen to him. plus his marks weren't really up to standard, so he was in a dangerous position as of now.

upon reaching the cafe, you could feel the cooling breeze of the air conditioning. there usually wasn't many people in the cafe in the morning and that what makes your mornings more peaceful. you walked to the counter and ordered your favourite drink, an espresso (im sorry i have no idea what coffee taste good since i don't drink coffee). once you made the payment, you walked over to a cozy seat in the corner of the cafe.

you rested you head on the palms of your hand, and closed your eyes. then you phone rung, indicating that you've received a message. you picked up your phone, your eyes sparkled when you saw who the messenger was. your lovely and sweet boyfriend, toya aoyagi. the message read, "Morning, at the usual spot?" your fingers tapped on your phone. you replied to him saying yes and put your phone down.

after a relaxing 5 minutes, your coffee finally arrived. you could smell the aroma of the coffee. taking a sip from your coffee, you felt very refreshed and awake.

you waited for your boyfriend's arrival. humming to a nice melody, you felt a hand on your head ruffling your hair. "hehe" you laughed. "morning toya~" "good morning to you too" toya said with a smile. you loved the smile he made, one smile from him can make your day :]

"i will go get my drink now, please wait for awhile." you gave him a nod and continued sipping on your espresso

once he ordered his coffee, he sat the seat opposite from yours. "akito asked me to tutor him for today, did he tell you about it?" you asked and took a sip from your coffee. "i havent received a message or call from him since last evening after practice, so no." toya said. "oh, probably he didn't want to disturb you from practice." you told. "that would be a possibility." toya said.

it was silent, usually the both of you don't talk much so there was often silence when you two were together but it wasn't awkward it was more of a calming silence that you both enjoyed. there was also silence because toya didn't like you to talk while eating or drinking, he was afraid that you would choke by accident. it was a cute and kind gesture of him preventing you from danger.

once he finished his coffee, he placed the cup at the tray returning station. he looked at his watch and said, "its 7:30am, we should make our way to school now." "oh i didn't notice, i guess the atmosphere here is too calming that i forgot there was school" toya stifled a laugh hearing my joke.

he picked up my bag that was hanging on the chair and walked to the exit. you smiled at his kind gesture, and took your coffee with you and caught up with toya.

on the way to school you saw tsukasa senpai from across the road. he was a very loud troublemaker in school but he could always brighten up your day and you were really close to him since he was your childhood friend. although now would be a bad moment to call out to him as his loud voice could interrupt the current peaceful morning that you are having right now. toya knew you hated your mornings getting interrupted and you were usually very very cranky in the morning, so he didn't call out to him though he felt bad. "im sorry tsukasa senpai" you both apologised in your minds.

as you were walking, toya grabbed your hand collided it with his. a smile plastered onto your face and gave him a small peck on his left cheek. toya was surprised by this gesture and gave you a peck on your cheek as well. the walk was indeed a very sweet and peaceful one.

once you reached school, you saw akito leaning on a pillar near the school entrance, he always waits around the entrance for toya im the mornings. "yo!" akito said with his hand raised up while his other hand holding the handle of his bag. "hi akito" you said "A very good morning to you akito." toya greeted formally. "so you still remember the study session right?" akito asked. "yes of course" you replied. "well it looks like you guys are having a couple time, i won't disturb you i guess, see ya later during lunch" then he walked off leaving the both of you alone.

"well it's almost lesson time, thank you for spending the peaceful morning with me :)" you said as you walked up the stairs to your classrooms. once you reached your classroom which was right beside his. you stood in front of him and looked up at him. "have fun in class!" he smiled at you and brought his lips to yours. after a few seconds he let go and said "you too" and with that he left off to his class.

end

author notes:
uhhhhh idk what i wrote this my first story so i guess it's long enough for me i hope to improve in the future tho. this story is pretty shitty and boring if you made it here thank you for going through that 😀

-17 November 2022