weak against the cold (akito shinonome)

akito shinonome
royal au!

KNIGHT, a man who served his sovereign or lord as a mounted soldier in armour.

being part of a royal family was tougher than it seemed, manners were never not taken lightly

being part of a royal family was tougher than it seemed, manners were never not taken lightly. princes had to train for long hours to practice their swordsmanship, horse riding and proper manners. princesses on the other hand had to train to be a perfect lady. though you on the other hand weren't like any of the princesses in this world. you wanted to fight, learn horse riding or just anything that doesn't relate to what a normal princess would do. wearing long dresses were also a pain for you. servants in the castle had a hard time caring for you too, you often get sick in cold weathers and your kingdom was located in the colder part of the world and you were extremely stubborn and active.

many princes often visited you due to your adventurous, enthusiastic, friendly and crazy personality. they were very interested into knowing you. on the other hand, many princesses didn't like how you acted though, in their eyes you were a lunatic, a crazy person. how could a princess act so childish? you didn't mind what they said though, they were probably just jealous of you because many princes were attracted by you.

although your heart didn't belong to any of those princes, there was a particular person who caught your eye in an instant, he was charming, strong, a tsundere type of personality. this man was none other than the grand knight, akito shinonome. he was one of the knights protecting your kingdom from any possible attacks.

since young, you've watched him train in your castle, he was one of the very few selected to train personally by elite knights. he had caught you staring at him training many times and that's when you got to know him. he was pretty cold towards you at first but also respected you due to your high status as the princess of this kingdom.

flashback (10 years ago)

"good evening, your highness." akito said and bowed. "good evening! so i see that you are training your fighting skills! mind if i watch?" you asked excitedly. "your highness, you are able to do anything you'd like, i think that asking permission from me to allow you to watch me is inappropriate" akito said. "hmm well that is true..but it is still not right for me to budge into people's business so i think asking you is just basic manners! but never mind that! i get to watch you now!" you said putting your arms into the air. akito smiled at your enthusiasm, he made sure to train harder and more seriously especially now that you are here watching him. it was around an hour of you watching him already, and you weren't getting bored.

"there you are princess y/n!" you heard the head maid shouting. "uh oh.." you said. "you have barely read all the books on etiquette, and here you are, dilly dallying around!" the head maid scolded you. "not even half done?!" you said in shocked. "yes, your highness you heard that right. back to your room now before his highness comes and give you a whole lecture!" the head maid threatened you. "b-but i want to watch akito train! it can help me with my fighting skills!" you said while punching the air. "what in the world do you mean young lady? princesses are not meant to fight!" the head maid said ruining your dreams.