a long time friend and rival... (rui kamishiro)

rui kamishiro

RIVAL, a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity.

FRIEND, a person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection.

rui kamishiro, a second year in kamiyama high school and someone with a wide span of knowledge

rui kamishiro, a second year in kamiyama high school and someone with a wide span of knowledge. although being a student, he has invented machines that is out of a student's potential. rui kamishiro has also been a long time rival and friend of yours. you had a dream, to beat this man in invention contests and be first, but after many years of trying you still couldn't it. luckily you had a positive attitude, you kept trying and trying and hoping that one day you can finally beat him.

"invention contest 2022...first prize...15 July.." you mumbled to yourself. the invention contest 2022 is finally here! you have waited since last year for the next one and here you are one year later. this year you had high hopes of winning, you have planned the making of the robot since last year and it might be your greatest invention yet, although you say this to yourself every year...

your phone buzzed in your pocket, you looked at the screen and saw ena, your friend. you picked up the call and immediately heard yelling "y/n! where are you? come to (random pancake shop name) before the pancakes get sold out!" that's when you remembered, you went out because ena had invited you to eat at this pancake store. she said they sold the best pancakes and you had to try it. "oh, oh! im on the way just wait for a while more!" you said but you were barely near the mall, you got distracted by the poster for the contest. "well you better hurry" ena said and hung up the call. she sounded a little mad, you were already 10 minutes late. you turned off your phone and dashed towards the mall.

when you left, a tall figure came out from the shadows. the tall figure was none other than rui kamishiro. he was gonna call out to you but you were already out of his sight. he sighed and walked over to the poster you were looking at. rui smirked and said, "interesting..." and with that he walked off.

around 5 minutes later you reached the location you were suppose to meet up with ena 15 minutes ago. you were in a mess, your forehead was sweaty and your hair got a bit messed up from all that running. ena was looking around when she saw you. she looked at you concerned, "y/n are you okay? your breathing really hard and you're sweating a lot" you took in a few deep breaths before answering her, "no i-its fine, wait no i mean im..im fine i just need some water" ena opened your bag and passed you your water bottle, you took many gulps of water. "im feeling better now, let's go" you told ena. "okay but, what the hell happened to you." you tried to come up with an excuse to cover the fact that you were just distracted by a poster and forgot you two were suppose to meet up.

"uhmmm..a dog was chasing me" you said. "uh okay whatever, let's go!" ena said, not convinced but she just wanted her pancakes. when you entered the store, the aroma of the freshly made pancakes filled your nose. you and ena ordered pancakes and found a table to sit at while waiting for your pancakes to be made.