२५

The door slammed shut, making Hyun turn around and look, as expected it was his infamous partner walking inside while muttering to herself about why they were being called early today. Hyun chuckled knowing well it would be only her who thinks ten o'clock is early. "Good morning." He greeted. Upon hearing his voice, there was sudden change in her expression. Once annoyed Rumi now had her arms around Hyun, trying to cling onto him.

"Hyunnnnn...you are finally back." She cried trying to hug him as he did his all to resist it. Hyun could feel his ears and cheeks heating up. "How can you just abandon your partner like that?!" Rumi cried almost bursting his ears.

"Sorry, I went to Daegu for-"

"I didn't ask." Rumi pulled back with straight face. "Listen to me, you jackass. You deserted me among vultures do you know that? I thought we were partners for life. Do you even know what I had to grow through?!" She cried holding his shoulder and started shaking him. "If getting bullied was not enough then I was assaulted! And I couldn't do anything! Look. Look what has become of me!" Rumi said pulling shirt aside exposing her shoulder.

"Yah! What are you doing?" Hyun tried to look away. "What are-who did this to you?!" He angrily asked while grabbing her shoulder to inspected the marks. "And what do you mean you couldn't do anything? Have you filed a complaint yet? Tell me his name, I'll see to it that he never lives to see sunshine again."

"You told me to negotiate! I was doing it but she wouldn't listen! I don't know she was dog or something in her past life. Look at these hickeys? How am I to walk around without buttoning up my shirt till here!" She whined. "All this is because of you!" Rumi said poking his chest. "How can my saviour just abandon me! And you even asked me to drive the car back home, my license is suspended, don't you know that?"

"Mwo? Your suspension was lifted a day ago. And what a she? You mean to say, a woman gave these to you?" Hyun asked feeling her forehead wondering if she had a fever. Rumi shook her head while taking his hand in hers.

"You mean to say, I could've driven home by myself, I could've saved my face but- Hyun-ah?" Rumi solemnly looked into his eyes.

"De?"

"Can you kill me?" She said. "Choke me with hands and end my life so wouldn't have to live this cursed life anymore."

"Ahem!" Someone cleared their throat. Unknown to them, Gu Hwa had entered was standing in front them taking in the drama that was happening. "Ah, don't mind me, it looked like you both were discussing serious matters." Gu said, his eyes on their adjoined hands. Hyun quickly pulled his hands back and apologized while Rumi tsked leaning back in her chair, annoyed.

"Then you should have kept your mouth shut." Rumi muttered.

"Ahem!" Hyun coughed trying to cover her comment. "Sorry, captain. We were too engrossed in our chats." Gu Hwa nodded giving him a side eye.

"Anyways, I called you both here to update you on the software. The tech team is still trying to get in." He informed glancing at both of them. "We have no other lead on it, Minhee-sii knows nothing about it other than the software. We have to wait for tech to do their job..."

"Or we can create our own leads." Hyun continued; Gu Hwa agreed nodding his head.

"Who is Minhee-sii?" Rumi asked looking at them.

"The guy we caught. But how are we doing that? We can't find someone like Minhee-sii again..."

"but we can make one of our own." Gu Hwa continued; Hyun nodded his head agreeing. Rumi chuckled, earning looks from both. She waved her to hand telling them to continue. Somehow to her, they looked like the main couple of kdrama that Youngjae watches. "We have to make sure that we provide some exclusive pictures of artists to be approached. Minhee-sii did say that he was approached when he had posted some pictures from private party."