३४

"Hmmm...Lalala...hmmm...lalala."

"You seem to be in good mood these days." Misoo commented grabbing a chair to sit beside Rumi who had been humming to herself while working on her desktop.

"Wae? Are you here to ruin it?" Rumi asked glancing at her. Misoo had bundles of paper in her hands. "I'm not doing the shredding job; ask interns to do that." Rumi said glancing at bundle.

"Yah! Aren't you getting too confident these days?" Misoo scolded hitting Rumi on her arm. Rumi clenched her jaw, closed her eyes, and counted to three before opening them. "Unnie how many times do I have to tell you to n-" "-not to hit you. Yeah, yeah I know. I didn't hit you that hard." Misoo waved her hand dismissing her warning. "This data needs to be updated." She said slapping the bundles of paper on Rumi's desk. Rumi glanced at them and then at Misoo who grinned at her.

"You want me to update this crap in this computer?" Rumi asked pointing at the bundle. Misoo smiled and nodded her head. "Unnie..."

"Fighting!" Misoo stood up and started heading towards her cabin.

"Unnie you can't do this to me!" Rumi cried. "I have been stuck on this chair for four days. Unnie jebal!"

"You asked for it. You said it yourself four days ago that you didn't want to clean up any mess after Jina-ssi!" Misoo replied before shutting the door of her cabin.

"But that doesn't mean I have to do this!" Rumi whined slipping down in her chair. "Unnie jebal..." She cried earning sympathy looks from other co-workers. "She totally ruined my good mood." Rumi pouted getting back on her chair. "Okay let's do this." She took in the deep breath and started going through the papers Misoo had slapped on her desk.

Like she had whined, Rumi had been stuck on her office chair for last two days apart from going out for a lunch. She even had stayed up for late hours because Ms. Rumi Raikar was staying true to herself; running away from the problems instead of facing them. Since the start of her as she puts it 'heart problems,' Rumi had been avoiding Wonwoo who was frequent to her and Youngjae's shared apartment. She even had started going out during lunch hours in case she bumped into him in canteen. She had also requested Misoo to not ask her to run any errands near Seventeen. She believed unless until she stays away her heart problems would recover. She even went for routine check up and complained to her doctor who shrugged it off saying it wasn't anything serious and that her heart was completely healthy. If it was healthy then why does it act differently than normal? She had questioned herself. The answers were right in front of her but she was too stubborn to accept them.

Rumi believed a person should stick by rules, follow the straight path, do the rightest thing. In simple, follow mind over heart and she believed she was one of those people, the practical ones but she couldn't be more wrong about herself. In fact, she was the most emotional, sensitive one who did things according to her heart, her instincts rather than using her practical side. Maybe it was not that she believed she was one but pretended or tried to be one; to free herself from her scars.

"When will I complete this?" Rumi muttered to herself typing in the numbers. Her eyes glanced at the table clock which displayed it was half past five. "Ajun ardha taas (Half an hour more)" She sighed and then shook her head. "Nah. I can't go home." She had to look for refuge somewhere else today. Last few days she had been tagging along with Hyun who was on stake out but Gu Hwa forbid her from that too since she had become quite famous. Rumi scoffed remembering his words. "Ah! I hate him, see I even got the numbers wrong at his thought." Rumi grumbled at herself when her phone rang. Using one hand to fix her mistake and while using other she picked up the phone and put it to her ear without checking the caller id.