Chapter XV

Scarlett^

---//---

Victor stared at me straight in the eyes from across the table. I gulped looking everywhere but at him.
I couldn't look at those cold eyes, they make me feel so exposed. Like I am a prey who is looking directly in the eyes of a predator.

"Stop looking at me like that!" I said in a high pitched voice.

He raised one of his eyebrows at me in response.

"You wanted to talk?"

"Ye..yeah"

I cursed myself for stuttering in front of him.

Come on girl he won't do anything to you. Stop making a fool of yourself.

Mentally prepared, I clenched my jaw in determination and raised one of my eyebrow, just like he did earlier.

Yes! Go go go!! defeat the man!!!

Fully pumped from my inside voice, I raised my hand and slammed it on the table.

"I want answers!" I said in a very, very determined voice.

But that man just stared at me with no emotion on his face.

"Do your homework on your own scarlett." He tsked and looked down at the files he was working on earlier.

What...?

"I am not talking about homework Victor. It's about your real job. "

Victor whipped his head in my direction.

Now I have your attention eh..

"I told you already." He said in a clipped tone.

"That was a lie. I know you are engaged in some uh...illegal stuff."

There it is! What happens now is beyond my imagination.

"Who fed you this bullshit?" Victor said in a very calm voice.

I tsked.

No cursing brother. Did you forget your own rule?

"No one did. I had my suspicions and after observing triplets behaviour at school and all those rumours th-"

He snorted, effortlessly cutting me off in between.

"They are rumours for a reason Scarlett. And about triplets, they always act like this."

"So uh you are not a part of some deadly gang then?" I asked curiously, moving a little forward across the table.

His eyes become even colder then before but it didn't make me afraid anymore. My curiosity getting the better of me this time.

"I don't have enough time to clear you foolish suspicions Scarlett. You can go."

"But-"

"I am not going to repeat myself!" He raised his voice slightly for the first time ever.

I flinched involuntarily and left the room as fast as my human legs can take me.

I closed his office doar gently and heaved a sigh while turning around.

I know you are lying brother but you are lucky that I have started to trust all of you.

Hope you don't break it.

_____________________________________________

I am currently doing my homework which turned out to be a lot easier then I thought. But my focus shifted towards my window from where I can clearly hear my brothers shouting.