Chapter Eighteen -First Date-

Lilith's P.O.V.

Later that night, Elijah left with Revenger and Copy Cat to continue the shadowing. Restoration Woman was to be here the next day, the last day of the shadowing. Revenger told Elijah that he could see me when I was released from the hospital, to which he reluctantly agreed and left me with a kiss on my temple.

It was now the next day. I had just finished eating the breakfast that one of the nurses had brought me, and I was absent-mindedly looking out the window. Then, I heard the door open, and as I casually turned my head to see who it was, my eyes widened.

"Mom," I breathed as she put a finger to her lips, her clothes much more casual than I had ever seen her in, and she had a baseball cap on and was wearing a mask.

She closed the door quietly before quickly rushing over to my side.

"Oh my baby," she said as she hugged me.

A little surprised, I returned her embrace, her comforting smell of lavender oils filling my nose.

"Are you okay? Have they been taking care of you? What about the person who did this to you, did they charge them yet?" my mother rambled.

I laughed.

"Mom! I'm fine! They've been taking really good care of me, but what are you doing here?" I asked as she pulled away and removed her mask and hat.

"Well, honey, you were in the news. And if my daughter gets herself in the hospital and doesn't tell me, I'm going to come and find you," she told me sternly.

I shook my head.

"You shouldn't be here, what if Takashi finds out?" I asked her, worried for her safety.

My mother gave me a look.

"If that man gets mad at me for coming here, he can sign divorce papers," my mother huffed.

I nearly choked on my own spit.

Mom never really had much of a backbone, so she usually let Takashi walk all over her, so it was a surprise to hear her say that.

"Besides, I wore a disguise. That man has never seen me dressed like this. If he saw me he wouldn't even notice," my mother shrugged before she pulled up a chair.

"So, since I'm here, tell me how school has been going," my mom asked.

I smiled.

"Well, it's been going pretty good. I've made two terrific friends, Kokoa Tanaka and Hayate Smith. I, um, I also may have a boyfriend," I told her, and she gave me a look.

"And..." she pushed.

"Well he's in the hero course. He's actually a 3B student. His name is Elijah Knight," I told her.

She grinned.

"Oh, one of the semi-finalists in the sports festival? Good catch," she teased.

I laughed.

"He's pretty awesome. He's super sweet and kind, and he accepted Ai and I for what we were without even blinking an eye. He actually was the one who helped me take down that villain the other night," I told her.

"So he treats you right and will save your life? I've gotta meet this boy," she teased.

I blushed.

"Maybe later. Not that I'm trying to kick you out or anything, but you should really go before someone notices that you're here. As much as I want to see Takashi sign those divorce papers, that's a drama that I don't need right now," I told her.