Chapter Sixteen -The Lance and The Shield-

Lilith's P.O.V.

"Hello! My name is Lilith Ito, and it's a pleasure to start working with you! My hero name is Lovely Night," I told Revenger as I stood in front of his desk at his hero agency. Revenger was a rather handsome hero, dressed in all-black clothing that consisted of a black muscle tee, jeans, combat boots, and fighting gloves. His black hair was tied in a ponytail, and his sharp blues eyes were eyeing me up before he grinned.

"Nice to meet ya! So what made you choose my agency?" Revenger asked.

I straightened up.

"I chose this agency because I heard that you were there at the last attack on M.H. Academy. You also have an excellent track record of busting drug dealers and since my augere works like a sort of drug, I was hoping to learn more about this side of hero work. I also consider myself a combat-type hero and would like to learn more about that as well. Also, Elijah told me that you were an excellent hero and I wanted to learn under your tutelage," I finished.

Revenger smirked.

"So you came here because of Red Diamond?" he asked.

I blushed before I covered my face with my hands.

"I didn't think he'd actually be here!" I whined, and Elijah laughed at me from behind me. Revenger was the hero Elijah was doing his work-study under. During the four-day school holiday that followed the sports festival (it included the weekend, however, so it was more like a two-day break), shadowings for the sophomores started. Typically, the juniors and seniors would shadow at a place other than their work-study to gain more experience with other heroes. However, if one wanted, they could keep doing their work-study instead.

"Ah, young love. You kids just make my day. Red Diamond is an excellent guy, you're in good hands, I'm sure," Revenger smiled.

Elijah put a hand on my shoulder.

"C'mon, gem, no need to be embarrassed! Revenger was the one who noticed something good had happened to me and I told him about you. Am I not allowed to brag about my amazingly talented girlfriend who won the sports festival?" Elijah asked.

I crossed my arms over my exposed stomach.

"I guess you can..." I mumbled.

Elijah gave me a hug as he sighed happily. Elijah's fellow work-study student, a senior whose hero name was Copy Cat, gave me a look of sympathy as he pulled his hood down over his eyes.

"I feel the same, Lovely Night, having people brag about you is embarrassing," he said.

Ai raised a mental brow.

'Well, he has confidence issues. Just like you!' she noted, and I sighed.

"Well, Lovely Night, it's a pleasure to have you on board. I didn't think that you would choose me to do your shadowing with, but I hope that I am able to live up to your expectations!" Revenger said.

"I won't let you down, sir," I told him, though I felt I wasn't very convincing with Elijah hanging onto me.

"Well, I guess I should have you get started then! Let's go out on patrol everybody!" Revenger said as he stood up.

Elijah unlatched himself from me as he straightened up.

"First patrol ever with my gem, huh? This is gonna be great!" he said excitedly.

I smiled at the nickname.

"Let's go, diamond," I teased.

~ ~ ~

It was the second night of my shadowing, and I was slowly getting used to how things were done. I had worked at Night Mare's agency, and it was similar to this, but now I was getting more experience doing actual hero work.