Chapter Eight -Spar-

Lilith's P.O.V.

When I woke up, I rolled over, the sunlight infiltrating through my glass balcony door into my room. Ai was still fast asleep, which was rare for her. Usually, she was up early and thinking about random things, which led to some weird dreams in the moments before I woke up.

I groaned and rolled over to face my clock. I shot up in bed when I saw the time. I glanced at my phone to be sure, and then I smiled.

Today was Sunday, and it was currently nine in the morning. I stretched, my sleepiness fading as I remembered Elijah and my promise for a spar. I excitedly removed the covers, Ai waking up from my excitement.

'Man that was a good sleep...' Ai said groggily.

"And we've got an exciting day ahead so wake up girl!" I told her excitedly. Ai was suddenly a little bit more awake.

'Ooh! Yeah, that's right we get to spar with Elijah!' Ai said excitedly.

We were supposed to meet with Elijah at Gym 3 at noon, and since we reserved the gym for doing this, we had to have teacher supervision. So Mr. Nelson and Weaver, or rather, Mr. Ichijo, as we were to call him now, were going to watch us. Of course, we were going to wear our hero costumes, so I was slightly nervous about all of the exposed skin I would be showing.

But then again, I would have to get used to that. After all, my augere demanded that I reveal as much as possible.

I began to brush out my long, tangled hair, Ai excitedly buzzing around in my head. Then I threw on my gym clothes and grabbed my phone off my dresser.

As I made my way downstairs, I thought about possible ways I could potentially win our spar. But, of course, I knew the chances were slim. After all, Elijah had far more experience than I did. But that doesn't mean I was never out in the field with Night Mare. Elijah and his classmates were attacked three times in their second year. They had been entangled in every attack, and all of them had secured work studies now.

The freshmen of M.H. Academy had practically little field experience and only studied hero theory to take the test that would grant them their hero permits at the end of the year. I had aced the exam before officially transferring, but Headmistress Martín may have pulled a few strings to make it easier since I hadn't been taught the course material.

Sophomores began to do shadowings and field training to prepare them to take the Hero's Trial towards the end of the year. In contrast, juniors and seniors had already passed their trial and were technically official heroes. They had also begun to look and attend work studies over the summer of their second year.

So I wasn't expecting to win this battle with the drastic difference in our field experience. But what I was going to do was learn from this skill gap. Elijah's augere was good against mine, and though this was my opinion, his mental strength also seemed strong.

I walked out of the elevator and headed into the kitchen to make myself some toast. After I had done so and eaten it, too, I finished up my morning routine. After that, I sat on the couch and messed around on my phone until it was eleven-ish.

It was time to go. As I put on my shoes, I felt a hand grip my shoulder.

"Girl, you didn't think you were leaving without us, did you?" Kokoa asked with a threatening smile, her mouth not matching the look in her eyes.

I paled a little bit, having forgotten that they had wanted to come and watch.

"N-No!" I fibbed.

Hayate raised an eyebrow.

"Oh really? Well if you were, then that's too bad. Because we are coming with you," he declared.

I sighed, giving up.