Chapter 2:: Plans

Author's POV: 

You noticed Taehyung in his formal shirt and jeans. He looked good. But, it was winter. Wasn't he cold? 
"Aren't you cold?" You asked. 
"Not really... I have heat packs in my pocket."
"Your arms?"
You asked. He just shrugged as you followed him. You had an overcoat in your hands so you wore them, following him. 
"I can't ride horses." You said. He raised a brow, looking at you blankly. 
"You didn't learn?" 
"Uh... you know we don't get thousands of horses in my uncle's house like we do here."
You said. He looked down, thinning his lips. 

"I'll teach you. Ride with me, then." 
"Oh?"
You asked, raising your brows. You'd ride with him? That sounded quite intimate. After all, it meant your bodies would be centimetres away... oh no.

"Uh, maybe I could ski-" You were cut off by him walking away. You frowned, not understanding why he left abruptly. Did he not want you to finish that sentence or was he just in a hurry? God knew. 
Taehyung got on the horse first and forwarded his hand for you. 
"Place your foot on the paddle and get up." He said. You looked at the paddle and gulped, "I could just-"
"Get up."
He said again. You frowned but sighed, placing your foot on the paddle hesitantly. He pulled you up, making you gasp. And after some problems, of course, you were in front of him. 
"Bro.. this is scary." You spoke in a low voice.

"Bro?" He asked. He never had someone address him that way. You thinned your lips and said, "I mean... your Highness." 
He shook his head, sighing. 
"You lack the grace I was told you'd have." You frowned and turned around, facing him. He backed his face away, frowning a little as you stared at him. You felt your heart beat louder and cleared your throat, looking back. 
"I mean... I do have some grace... you're underestimating me." 

He didn't reply. He stayed quiet for a minute. You could hear his heavy breathing behind you. You wondered why he was breathing so heavily. 

Taehyung, on the other hand, inhaled the scent of your shampoo. Rosy, it smelled. He looked away, "So... hold tight." 
You nodded, blinking awkwardly as he pulled the lead rope, making the horse neigh as it started walking. 
"Woah!" You gasped but controlled yourself, well aware of the presence behind you.
"It's okay. You won't fall. Maria is good at keeping balance." He said. 
"Maria?"
"Her name."
"So it's a she..."
You smiled a little.

You both exit the palace in another way. As Paparazzi would always follow, you were going to the forest through a secret pathway. 
"This place is beautiful. Where is this?" You asked as Taehyung replied, "The forest behind the Palace?" 
"You don't know either?" He didn't reply, just let out a small confused hum. 
This guy preferred to stay quiet when he was embarrassed, you guessed.

You both were silent. You didn't feel unsafe with him. Usually, if any man got close to you, you'd get creepy vibes. But he seemed to not even care much so you felt safe, you realized. Soon, you both arrived at the forest as you asked, "Are you sure we won't be hunted by animals? This looks creepy." 
"We won't. I'm here."
He sounded so normal and bland when he said that but you wondered how those words even escaped his mouth. So filmy. But you still smiled a little.
"Are you sure you won't feed me to the lion?" You asked. You must've heard him scoff because you turned your head, raising your brows. But to your surprise, his face was quite plain.

You turned around as he spoke, "Don't move so much. Maria isn't a super mare." 
You smiled a little, nodding. 
"So are we stopping somewhere?" You asked. He didn't answer. Instead, he stopped at a corner, near a tree. 
He got down, helping you next. You almost fell on him but thankfully, you didn't. It was awkward.