Chapter 25:: Love of life

Author's POV: 

"Don't look back." You mouthed to Jungkook in front of you as he gulped. 
"Hyung." He mouthed back as you sighed. 

You heard footsteps approaching and both of you stared at each other in pure horror. Taehyung stopped before you both, raising a brow, "I asked you both something." 
"Hi!" You waved at him, grinning in the most idiotic way possible as Jungkook tried to follow along with a cheeky smile. 
"We were just chatting about how hard life in the palace can be," Jungkook spoke as you frowned. What was he saying? 

Taehyung sighed and looked at you, "You were quite sleepy from what I remember." 
You cleared your throat, feeling the sore dryness. 
"I... uhh, suddenly thought I couldn't sleep so I got out and found him." 
He looked at Jungkook, the notebook in his hand, and then at you. He stared at his feet, holding his nape. You both thought he would react because this all was strange. He could misunderstand too, right?

But he raised his head, smiling the brightest smile ever making you both shocked.

"You both are stupid." He spoke, ruffling both of your hair with his two hands as you both were completely dumbstruck.
"You're not mad?" You asked.
"Why would I be?" He asked back. 
"I thought this was the perfect situation to misunderstand us." Jungkook raised a brow as Taehyung scoffed.

"Do you guys watch too many soap operas? Stupid people." He sighed and continued, "I want you in the bedroom within the next 5 minutes." 
"Huh?" You looked at him, surprised as he kissed your head, leaving the room. 
"He wants you in the bedroom," Jungkook mumbled, grinning in the most satanic way possible as you nearly smacked him.
"What the hell?" 

But you both did some more planning and quickly packed up as you went to your bedroom. Slowly opening the door, you stepped inside waiting to be welcomed by a blank Taehyung but frowned when you saw no one on the bed.
"Taehyung?" You asked but gasped when you felt a pair of hands sneak around your waist, hugging you from behind. 
"Taehyung." You whispered as he buried his face in your neck, placing a soft kiss there. You let out a soft gasp, feeling tingly at the sensation of his soft lips on your neck. You clutched the fabric of his sweatshirt when he started sucking your neck, gently yet with something luscious, making you close your eyes. 

He pulled away, resting his chin on your shoulder. 
"I miss you." He whispered. You held his hands, "I'm here." 
He turned you around, hugging you immediately. Seeing you planning his birthday a while ago made his heart melt completely. He understood what you were doing with Jungkook but pretended not to know. He felt so loved and seen when it came to you, it drove him insane.

How would he survive without you anymore? 

You hugged him back, smiling when he frowned at you. Even though he glared at you often, you knew it was probably because he found you pretty or felt his heart racing. You could almost read him now.

He backed away, smiling. 
"Can I kiss you?"
"Can you stop asking that for no reason?"
"No, I want to kiss you for real." 
"Then just... do so." You said, smiling awkwardly as he immediately placed his lips on yours, kissing you deeply. You almost gasped at the intensity and need displaying through his kiss but you held him tighter, trying to sync with him. 
And you did. 

His tongue explored your mouth, as his body pressed with yours, eating out the unnecessary space between you both. He felt so desperate as he sucked and nibbled on your lower lip, pulling away a little, his lips hovering over yours as he rotated his head, kissing you again. 

Unlike other times, this kiss felt barer. As if he was letting himself go as deep as he wanted to. Because he had your permission now. 

Now you understood what he meant.