Chapter 15:: Pieces

Author's POV: 

You woke up, feeling your head aching a little. Getting up, the scent of an unfamiliar yet familiar surrounding hit you causing your eyes to pop open. You looked around and almost gasped. 
You were in his room. 

You looked around to find the maids standing there. They looked horrified as you got up quickly, "Um.."
"Her Royal Highness, you're ordered to freshen up and go to the King's court immediately." 

—Time skip

You quickly rushed inside the King's court to see everyone already present there. The King had a cold stone face depicting pure anger. He was furious. 
The Queen and Jungkook were beside Taehyung, looking down worriedly. You looked at your parents who had the same worried look on their faces. 
Taehyung looked at you and blinked blankly. Somehow, his stare reassured you but seeing the King again, you weren't sure if the reassurance would work. 

"Prince and Princess, you both have disobeyed the royal law... brought disgrace to the family and this traditional event and have ruined our name to the country. How shall I bring myself to judge this heinous deed?" The King's cold voice seeped through your veins as Taehyung walked towards you, looking at you before looking at the King. 
"Do what you've always done, Your Majesty." 
The King scoffed and glared at Taehyung, "You are a disgrace and everyone you bring together is a disgrace." 
He glanced at you as you frowned a little, your parents were dumbstruck. The Queen sighed, "Your Majesty..."
"Shut up." He mouthed to the Queen. 

You noticed it and looked at Taehyng to see his hardened jaw. He was mad. 
"You shall be punished. Both of you. But I'll think of sparing the Princess since she's only been here for 2 weeks and most likely has been influenced by her delinquent husband." 
You didn't like the way he talked about Taehyung. Taehyung's face showed no emotion and you looked at the King who whispered, "Emotionless b-stard." 

Somehow, you were putting pieces together now. 

"Alright. I'll tell the press it was my fault and I'm the b-stard. The King has nothing to do with it." Taehyung spoke, not meeting his father's gaze. The King glared at him, "Get out right now."
"Your Majesty." Jungkook spoke but the King glared at him, "You get out too. 3 idiots all in one." 
Now, this was so damn disrespectful. You let out a huff in disbelief, gaining some attention. Taehyung looked at you, seeing your distressed face but when you realized that your reaction was audible, you cleared your throat looking down. 

Soon, everyone was out of the court. The Queen didn't say anything to either you or Taehyung.
"Is she angry at us?" You asked him, "No, she's just... I don't know." 
You looked at him. Your mother was mouthing you to apologize right now, entering the King's quarters again but you ignored her, looking at Taehyung. 
You had the idea now. 

The King was a failed husband and father. You remembered memories from last night and now the whole thing had a summary. You didn't know the full details but you could now picture it.

The King had disappointed his wife and the 2 sons. Whilst the Queen and Jungkook still seemed to be holding well, this older one who you got married to had more troubles on top of that, causing his upbringing to become strange and that's how he turned out like this. You knew that much. Usually, children with broken connections with parents or close ones had traumas and insecurities. 

You walked beside Taehyung, wondering why he was so quiet.
"Let's go see the begonias." You said as he looked at you, confused. You brought him to the garden as you both were staring at the begonias in silence. You wanted to do something for him. At least, comfort him. 
"You're not delinquent. I once boomed a family function because mother didn't let me ditch it." You said. He looked at you, "It's okay. I don't need comfort, I'm fine." 
"It might feel okay because it's usual but that doesn't mean it's okay. You're just used to it."