The past years

Generations pass differently in the Labyrinth

Generations pass differently in the Labyrinth. Many people who dared wish away their family and friends have taken on the task of completing the Labyrinth, yet many have failed. Jareth has seen it all and has come to one conclusion; people are petty. Sarah Williams he considered to be a perfect example of someone who was small-minded. Jareth is a fae being, he greatly loves mischief and his kingdom. He has lived long years, longer than many mythical beings that reside in the depths of lands that surround the Labyrinth. Many myths have speculated that fae creatures are born with one purpose, and to fulfill that they are given tools to create their very own relic. A relic powerful enough to cause chaos in different areas around the world, to draw in people and feed off the chaotic energy. The powers don't however, derive from the relic, only chaos.

As the story goes for the birth of this fae, his Labyrinth was built by magic, he created every single trick and land that resides in the maze. He ruled the land, with self-indulgent, lazy, greedy, and joval creatures he called goblins. Yet his magic was limited, and he needed a new way to create more to serve him in his kingdom. So that same month, he pursued a family of four that lived in a small village. They all knew of him and that he was magical, everyone knew to fear him, adore him, and indulge in his antics. The story comes to be told by Sarah in her book, a real story that recites a teenage girl of eighteen who lived in a quiet town with her stepbrother, father, and her distasteful stepmother. Every night the father and stepmother would indulge in night activities which made the girl stay at home with her brother every night, tirelessly working hard to please her brother. Yet the brother was spoiled and wanted everything his way, making the girl miserable. What the girl didn't know was that the goblin king had taken a liking to her nice looks and intrepid personality. Many days would watch her in his barn owl form, spend her day having fun by the river and scaling the forest. He saw how every day she would become dark-eyed and tired from the countless days of watching her spoiled sibling, so he revealed himself one quiet afternoon in the forest. He gave her the power to ask for the goblins to take away her sibling, whilst her parents' memory would be erased. One night, however, when the hours of tending to her brother wore her down, she snapped and called the goblins for help. Jareth, more than pleased, found a way to end his problem of gaining more citizens. And so, many children became goblins, and many families forgot. The book was soon created, and prevailed and has always chosen the perfect candidate. Yet, after the year he had met Sarah, something had changed.