3 : Consequence of Neglect

Caution!

The following contains dark themes. Self loathing and suicide are present in multiple chapters. This story gets lighter as it progress, but be advised that the beginning is rather dark.

Current chapter has depictions of  self-harm, thoughts of self-loathing, trauma, as well as psychological distress. Please be warned.

————————————————————————————————————

When he woke up, light blinded his eyes.

Kim Lee Hyu squinted as he let his green eyes adjust to the light. He isn't sure where this light was coming from when he's been sitting in darkness since the start of his punishment.

'Are they trying to blind me this time? So that I can't even look at my reflection?' the man-turned-boy thought with a frown.

It wasn't really creative of a punishment. Or maybe he was simply put in a new play area to further torment him. With his eyes finally adjusted, he could see that he was still in his room, judging by the way his ceiling was still the same.

"The fourth prince has awoken!" someone yelled out, and that had Kim Lee Hyu snapping to attention. He tried to move his head up, to see if what he heard was true. To see if there truly were people here.

His body refused to move, only his eyes could move to see people, actual people around his bed. The boy could see the concern in their eyes, with laces of guilt like they care. Why would they- oh, so is this the mocking part of his punishment? Make him feel comforted and loved only to take all of it away. He's seen it before, done by other villainous people. Kim Lee Hyu knows he's trash, but even he hadn't tormented someone like this, frankly, he doesn't think he ever will. Distrusting eyes glanced around the room, eyeing the priests and healers surrounding him.

Kim Lee Hyu's sure he can take them out, even with the horrendous state his body is in, but he also knows that if there are healers, there are guards.

As loath as he is to admit it, he doesn't have enough strength to fight even a normal guard. Not with his mana reserves as low as they are now. There are about five healers and one priest, so there should be ten guards and at least one paladin nearby. If he runs instead of attacks, he can possibly catch them off guard and escape. That is if the punishment will even allow him to run.

Kim Lee Hyu needed to think clearly. It wouldn't make sense if he ran away, after all his punisher would surely hate it. He'll stay obedient for now, and see what else in store they had for him. Honestly, using no named priests and healers to care for him was pretty stupid. After all, there are other people they could have used-

The boy watched as the door suddenly slammed open, sandy brown hair entering his vision and making his blood drop. Concerned reddish-brown eyes looked at him, and Kim Lee Hyu could feel his own eyes shaking.

Of all the people.

Of all the people they could use.

They used him.

The only human being who cared about him in this goddamned castle. The man who tried his best to help him, even if he initially hated the other. The one who grew to love and care for the fourth prince. His only father figure in this world, the man who sacrificed himself to save Alexander Oriel, whose death lead him to true villainy.

The Villain Who Returned Wants to Restजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें