EMILY'S PERCEPTION

Emily seems to have had hours tonight to think about time, how strange it is that when you are having fun, time goes quickly, and yet when you are bored, it moves very slowly. Her legs move a fraction underneath her and her fear intensifies. Her legs don't hurt yet, and neither does her head, but she fears that is coming. She doesn't know if she wishes this moment would last longer, or if she wishes it would all be over before she can take in the reality of it.

She hears a crack as her seat starts its violent forwards push and her hair swishes to the left, obscuring her vision. She tries bringing her hands up to her face, to protect herself but the slowness/quickness of the situation prevents it and her arms come up parallel to her head without her control.

She feels sharp pain in her ankles but doesn't have time to think much about it before she sees the first spiders web of the breaking glass as her head hits the windshield in slow motion. As the blood begins to seep into her eyes, she knows this isn't going to end well for her, it can't do, no seatbelt and a crash at such a speed.

She realises that although it has been going on for her for hours, she can only have crashed a few seconds ago, and now she wonders how long it will really take before she stops hitting the windshield and its all over for her.