a group assignment

Jade

I have arrived early at the school. I parked the car outside. But not after long I was crowded by the girls again. Like I am some kind of celebrity with the fucking life.
it annoys me.
not after that I was saved by the Andrew again. This guy may be an idiot but he's my friend after all.
"I owe you" he said with a hint of mischief in his eyes.

"owe me, for what" here we go again.

"for saving you from your fan girls, Mr. so called celebrity." He greeted his teeth with amusing expression.
I didn't reply.

We reached the class, it is Monday today. We have English class together. We entered our class room and settled down our sits. The professor came start teaching us.
I looked at Andrew who was having sleep with saliva dripping of his mouth. Teacher asked the question.

"did anyone know, who the Elizabeth bennet was."

He pointed his index finger at Andrew.

"Mr. Andrew Peterson, care to answer?"

My idiot friend woke up when his name was called.

He was seeing every person like a crazy man. This is fun. I smirked at him.

"can you repeat that again"

Professor repeated.

"Elizabeth bennet was very great freedom fighter from the France."

Whole class laughed instead of professor "next time Mr. Peterson don't sleep in the middle of the class"
the professor roared with anger.

The class was over. Something that came to my mind, the girl...the girl from the last night. Olivia's friend
I saw her somewhere before I just feel like or maybe I am right.

My phone buzzes in my pocket.

It was my sister's text message saying my friend is not picking up the phone

I replied that's none of my business. I put my phone into my pocket.

Erica

It's been a week I haven't shown up at school. I am staying at home for a week now.

I was watching Netflix and stuff. Whatever is good for my mind. I like being at home, watching anime and Netflix these two things never make me feel lonely.

I haven't received any calls and texts for a week, and I don't want to. I switched off my phone, so I don't receive any calls and texts from anyone and not being stalk by anyone.

But I have to go to school because I can't skip it anymore.

I can't stay like this forever; I just have to move on from my past.

I am running like a coward.

Next day

It is 6 a.m. in the morning. I have to get ready for the school.

I got up and walk toward bathroom for getting shower.

I switch on the shower. The warm water relaxed me, I feel light after the shower. I entered my bedroom.

I grab my undergarments and, sweatpants, a red crop top. There is so cold in California I put on my knee length coat though it will keep me warm. I put my glasses on and ties my hair into a ponytail. I put my white sneakers on, grabbed my bag and locked the door I was walking by streets.

I reached my school, everyone was looking at me like I am some kind of criminal. I shrug it off. I entered my classroom I sat on a vacant seat, I was looking outside the window 5 minutes later professor entered the class I have English first I glance at side, saw a familiar face sitting at the desk. He saw me too but said nothing.

"so, student anyone guess what I am going to teach."

No one replied just pin drop silence.

He sighed.

He continued to teach The Darcy Saga.

When the class is over...

"there's cultural festival is coming up next week and I want all the student to volunteer for the festival, and there is group assignment for you. I will give the list to Emilia. And make sure everyone complete their assignment." And he left.

Emilia said out everyone name

When my name comes up "Erica and jade" every girl saw me like a raw meat waiting for eating me alive. I can sense jealousy in their eyes.

I left the class. I put my books in locker, "I will catch with you later and give me your number for the group project, I'll call you later."

I gave him my number and he left.

I was walking by corridor "watch out" I collided with a boy. He has blue eyes, and blonde hair. He smiled at me. "I am sorry" he just winked at me and put my hand into his hand.

"I am Andrew and you?"

"I am Erica"

"I saw you somewhere and your name sounds familiar to me"

"oh really? I didn't realize."

"you are Olivia's friend; I know your face."

"don't tell anyone" I said deadly looking into his eyes.

"oh. Okay" and he left.

When the school was over.

My phone buzzed it was unknown number.

I picked up "am jade, I am texting the address come over there for assignment."

"okay"

I reached my house and wore a comfortable t shirt I put my hair down. And the same sweat pants and coat.

I locked my house it is 3 p.m.

I reached at the place. It was very big mansion. The modern mansions and there were so many guards there. Am I at the wrong place? I called jade. He picked up in a ring.

"hey are you sure you gave me right address?"

"yeah, where are you now?"

"in front of a big mansion, you texted earlier."

"hang in there, I am coming down"

He came. He nodded to guards. I didn't know jade is this much rich, I wonder what his father do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there's lots of suspense in waiting. are you curious about jade and erica?

if yes than comment down and let me know...