Chapter 17| Pocky

Kyle's POV

Stan and I walked together down the street. We were heading towards Starks Pond but before we stopped there we went into the nearby convenient store to get some food. We then sat down on the bench next to the lake. I pulled out the pocky that I had gotten from the store while Stan opened a bag of chips. "What are those?" Stan ask while pointing at the box of strawberry pocky. "It's pocky, a Japanese thing" I answered. Stan then quickly stole a piece from my box. "Dammit Stan" I said angrily.

Stan then took a small bite of the pocky. "It's pretty good" Stan stated. "Ever heard of the pocky challenge?" I asked. "No" Stan replied while taking another bite of his pocky. "Well basically two people put their mouthes on each side of the pocky and have to eat it so that it doesn't fall" I explained. "Sounds cool, let's try it" Stan replied while finishing his pocky. I pulled out another piece of pocky and placed it in my mouth. I brought my face forward so that Stan could bite the other end.

"Re-hy" I asked. "Uh hu" Stan replied. We then started to eat the pocky slowly and made sure it didn't leave our lips. Stan ate his quickly and approached my face. His nose touched mine as he took another bite. His lips pressed against mine as he finished the pocky. Stan's eyes widened in shock as he quickly pulled away. "I-I didn't think that would happen" Stan stuttered nervously. "I didn't either" I lied. "I-uh sorry" Stan said while blushing furiously. "It's fine" I replied.

I flashed him a smile so that he'd feel less uncomfortable, I don't think it worked. He still looked extremely embarrassed. "You ok?" I asked. "Not really, you are kinda the first guy I've ever kissed so this is.......really awkward" Stan said. "Well it wasn't really a kiss, well kinda" I replied embarrassedly. "Let's pretend it never happened" Stan said. "Agreed!" I replied.

We then carried on trying to forget about what happened. We talked about Token's party on Saturday, thank God it's only two days away! "So you got a date there right?" Stan asked. "Ya, and I'm REALLY excited. My first date with a boy it's gonna be great" I said excitedly. "Well, just remember that most emo dudes are real assholes so don't be surprised if he's obnoxious" Stan said. "Again dude, you were an emo for a while remember" I replied. "Ya and I was an asshole, I'm just saying" Stan said.

"Are going with anyone?" I asked. "What!? No! No one even knows I'm gay! Let alone like me" Stan said in a kinda sad voice. "Well, I like you" I replied. "That's different, you're just my friend" Stan replied. "What's wrong with me being just a friend?" I asked. There was a long pause of silence. "Because-be-because......because I wish we were more than that" Stan confessed. "Wh-what do you mean?" I asked nervously. "I'm saying that- forget it" Stan said.

"No tell me!" I replied. "Maybe-I might......have a little crush on you" Stan said frightfully. "Stan" I said softly. I reach my hand out the put it on his shoulder but he shrugged away. He then quickly got up and grabbed his things. "I have to go" Stan said hurtfully. "Wait!" I yelled as he started to run off. He didn't stop after I yelled at him. He just kept running and running and running.

Stan's POV

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! You're so fucking stupid Stan! Why would you say that? You were getting close to him again too! I fucking hate myself!

I ran home as fast as I could with tears running down my face. The cold wind slapped against my cold tears making an unbearable pain. I quickly reached my home and unlocked my door as fast as I could. I swung open the door and ran up the stairs as fast as my feet could possibly take me. "STANLY!" my dad yelled from down stairs. I ignored him as I closed and locked my door. I then fell onto my bed and grabbed a pillow, bringing it close to me face. I then let out a loud sob.

My tears filled the pillow as my muffled screams drifted through the room. I then heard a gentle knock on the door. "Stan, are you ok?" my dad asked. I didn't reply and just continued to cry into my pillow. "Stan open the door" my dad said gently. I didn't know why but I decided to listen to him. I put down my pillow and then walked over to my door. I unlocked it as my dad opened the door.

"What's wrong kid?" my dad asked. "Just, something that happened with Kyle" I answered. Why are you saying this? "I thought you two weren't friends anymore" my dad replied. "I don't know what we are at this point" I answered. Shut the fuck up! "What happened with Kyle?" my dad asked. "I told him something that I regret" I confessed. SHUT UP YOU DUMBASS! WHY ARE YOU TELLING HIM?! "I told Kyle that I........that I liked him" I stuttered quietly. You stupid fag!