Chapter-13

"You pushed her away when she didn't want to be away from you.
That's what broke her heart."

~Pierre Jeanty

•~•

The darkness of the night gave a strange sense of tranquility to Aadhya. The light emitting from the moon reflected in her eyes making her beautiful orbs shine.

She had always loved to watch the moon because it gave her a sense of reassurance that she was not the only one who was alone in the cruel world.

The peaceful surrounding made her close her eyes in relief. Her hair was flying around because of the harsh winds. Her cheeks were flushed because Delhi was going through winter and the winter season in Delhi was quite harsh.

She was about to succumb to darkness while sitting on the mattress when she felt a presence behind her which made her open her eyes in frustration.

She groaned out loud and fell on the soft mattress. Her frustration made the person chuckle in astonishment.

"What do you want?"

"You." That person answered in a heartbeat.

She clicked her tongue,"This is not a time to joke, Mr. Ahuja. Why are you here- in my apartment- in the middle of the night?"

"Why are you sitting inside the balcony on a chilly night?"

"I asked first, so, answer my question first."

"What are you, 5? There is no first come, first serve shit."

"I won't answer your question until you answer mine."

Arhaan smirked and bent down to hover over her seductive body which was laying on the plush mattress. He pinned her arms above her head with an arm in one swift move and tangled their legs so that she wouldn't be able to kick him.

He, then, snaked his other arm around her waist and let his lips touch her earlobe, making her shiver.

"Aadhya?" Her name rolling off his tongue made her shiver uncontrollably.

She hummed while trying to ignore his presence. No matter how much she loathed him, her body betrayed her and it got affected in ways which she wouldn't like to admit.

"Why are you sitting here on a chilly night?"
He whispered in her ear and grazed his lips behind her ear.

Aadhya sucked a sharp breath and replied,"To calm my mind."

"Hmm? Why do you need to calm your mind?"

Several beats passed, during which Arhaan continued to graze his lips over her ear, neck and shoulder, before she answered,"I just do. No particular reason."

And, then, when he was about to ask her another question, she noticed that his grip on her legs had loosened and his eyes were closed. She grinned deviously and, with a jerk, pushed him away with her legs.

He snapped his eyes open and glared at a grinning Aadhya who disrupted his romantic moment which he had craved for 4 years.

"What the fuck? Why did you push me away?"

"Because you were making me feel uncomfortable."
The 2 people present inside the room knew that what Aadhya spoke was a lie.

Arhaan scoffed and kept quiet for a few minutes. Both of them were enveloped in a peaceful silence before Arhaan broke it.
"Why don't you want to come with me? I promise I will treat you like a fucking queen."