Chapter-27

A sure sign of man's strength is how gently he treats his wife.

~Anonymous

•~•

In the end, she did go out of the house without Arhaan's will. Though, she had to take a whole lot of bodyguards with her.

"Mumma, who are those people?" Aayansh asked his mother when he noticed the guards behind them.

"They are here to protect us."

"Protect? But, why do we need protection? And from whom?"

"There are some bad people out there who are waiting for an opportunity to destroy us. The people behind us will protect us from those bad people."

"But, we didn't need protection when we lived alone."

"Cons of being a rich man's ex-wife, I guess." She mumbled and immediately tried to distract her son from the current topic.

"How about we play in the park and then I will buy you an ice-cream?"

"Okay! Anything is fine with me as long as you play with me." Her heart ached listening to her son's words. This made her realise just how much she had been ignoring him.

Aadhya grinned at him and they continued their walk towards the park which was filled with happy memories.

They walked down the pathway and towards the open area where there were a multiple of slides and swings.

"Mumma, what are we going to play?"

"You play and make some friends while I will sit here and watch you, okay?"

"But, you will get bored then."

"I won't. Go, make some friends."

"No. I will sit with you."

"But-" Without listening to his mother, he started walking towards the bench near a beautiful fountain.

"Aayansh, you should make some friends. I can't be there for you forever."

"Why? Will you leave me like my father?"

"No, baby. But-"

"I don't need anyone else as long as I have you."

"I love you." Aadhya smiled at the child.

Aayansh looked up at his mother and grinned,"I love you too."

"Ma'am, do you want me to get you something?" A guard stepped forward to Aadhya.

"If it's not a bother, can you get us chocolate ice-creams?"

"Of course." With that, he went back down the road, towards a small ice-cream parlour.

Aadhya and her son just sat around in silence, enjoying each other's company.

When the bulky man came back with their ice-creams, Aayansh asked,"Where is my father?"

Aadhya looked down at Aayansh who was looking at a man playing with his daughter.

"I-I told you-"

"You think I am a fool? I know he has not gone on any mission. Tell me, mumma, why is my father not with me? Uncle Arhaan is much better than my father."

'Oh, dear! Only if you knew.' Aadhya thought as she looked at her son.

"Let's go. It's already late." She got up and pulled her son with her towards the house where she was safe but not free.