Chapter 3 - "My lord, you dishonor me with such scandalous claims."

Ty tilted her face upward as she stepped outside, the Caribbean sun instantly warming her skin. She smiled and sipped her coffee as her flip-flops slapped against the wood. At this early hour, the deck was empty except for a few crew members spraying it clean.

She danced through lounge chairs, headed towards the lifeguard tower. Nico was stationed atop the tower, his chin resting in his hand, head tilted, sunglasses askew. When she caught sight of him slouched over, she paused.

Grinning, she slipped out of her flip-flops. Noiselessly, she crept the rest of the way to the tower. Nico showed no signs of surprise at her stealth approach. He remained unfazed.

Steps away from the tower, Ty could hear Nico's deep, slow, and steady breathing. She gave a wicked smile as she took her flip-flops and beat them against the base, shouting Nico's name. His whole body jumped and his sunglasses fell from his face

"No running!" he yelled, whipping his head around.

Ty laughed joyously. He glowered when he saw who it was.

"What was that for?" he grumbled, retrieving his sunglasses.

"Taking an early morning snooze?" she asked.

He gave her a guilty smile. "Not all of us were able to drink five cups of coffee before we had to report for duty." He eyed the cup in her hand covetously.

"This is only my first," she said.

"Since you don't seem to need it, you should give it to someone more deserving." He dramatically yawned with a stretch to prove his point.

"And that someone would be you?"

"Come on Ty, I'm exhausted!" he whined.

"And I'm not?"

"But you're always sunshine and happiness."

She nodded appreciatively.

"And..." she prompted.

"And... you're really nice and smart and hot and funny." He paused. She beckoned for more. "And hot, did I say hot? Your eyes look beautiful. And your hair! Did you get a haircut?" She chuckled and handed up her coffee. He took a big swig. "Sweet nectar of life." He held on to the cup like it was a lifeline.

"You're so dramatic," she said.

She climbed the tower and pushed him aside to make room for herself.

"It's not my fault Johnny is my roommate," he grumbled.

"What did he do now?"

Nico spoke but she didn't listen. Instead, she focused on the sun warming her arms and leg. She closed her eyes and rested her head against the back of the seat, letting the subtle rise and fall of the boat lull her into a peaceful stupor.

"I told him that Bianca girl is a goldmine of drama," Nico said a few minutes later.

Ty's ears perked up at the name. "What about Bianca?"

"I told Johnny we need to strategize our bets around her, cause she's a full bowl of crazy."

"You picked up on that too?"

He nodded. "It's the eyes."

"It's always the eyes. But it didn't seem to keep her from attracting guys last night."

Every time Ty had spotted Bianca the night before, she had a guy by her side, lapping up her attention and doing her bidding.

"In fact, the crazy seemed to draw them in, like a moth to a flame."