Epilogue

Ty paused outside the large building, reading the name on the side. She had spent the last seven months hearing Hudson talk about Gunstig Aviation and now she was standing outside their main office building, looking at the name written across the door.

Peeking in through the glass doors, she could see the lobby was sleek and she hadn't expected anything less. After listening to the way Hudson talked about his business she had come to understand there was precision in everything he did.

She stepped into the lobby and turned in a circle to take in the whole space. There was a model plane of the Spirit of St Louis hanging from the ceiling. It was the same model Hudson had told her about while laughing through the amount of trouble it had caused him to get it made and installed.

A giddy feeling swelled inside her as she was finally in Hamburg and able to see the things Hudson had been telling her about.

But her excitement over seeing the plane was nothing compared to her excitement in seeing Hudson. She moved to the front desk and wasn't surprised when the secretary behind the desk spoke to her in English.

In Ty's short time in the airport and then in a taxi to Hudson's office building it was very clear how different she looked than the people around her. From her tanned skin from living on a cruise ship to her style, she definitely didn't look German.

"How can I help you?" the woman asked.

"I'm here to see Mr. Hamilton," Ty said.

"Do you have an appointment?" the woman asked, already searching her computer.

"No," Ty said. She wasn't surprised when the woman gave her a polite but amused nod. Ty had just walked in and asked to speak to the CEO of the company without having an appointment.

"Well," the woman started slowly as if she wasn't completely convinced Ty wasn't a little crazy. She was American after all. "If you would like to schedule an appointment, I can help you with that. It looks like Mr. Hamilton has some open appointments at the beginning of next month."

Ty nodded. If Hudson had known that she was coming her name would have been on some list and she would have been sent right up to his office, but she had wanted to surprise him. He wasn't expecting her for another two weeks.

Ty had planned to be in Hamburg around this time, but last minute Louis had asked her to stay on for an extra two weeks when one of the employees had dropped out. After having already waited seven months to see Hudson, another two weeks had felt unbearably long, but Ty also didn't want to leave Louis short-handed.

Hudson had been disappointed when she had told him about the extra two weeks, but being a businessman man he understood her loyalty to Louis and had begrudgingly accepted the delay. Then to Ty's delight, Louis had called her into his office two days ago and told her he had managed to find someone else to start two weeks early so Ty wouldn't have to stay longer.

Ty had booked her flight to Hamburg as quick as she could and decided to surprise Hudson. But everything had happened so fast that she hadn't realized that even if she got to Hamburg, seeing Hudson could be a problem.

Ty smiled politely. "I understand that in general I need an appointment to speak with Mr Hamilton but I only need two minutes of his time."

Again, Ty received the polite but amused smile. She needed to try something different. If she could let Hudson know she was there she knew he would have her sent up immediately but looking at the woman she also knew asking her to tell Hudson that 'Ty was here' wasn't going to work. But then an idea came to her.

"Tell him it's about the rhinos," Ty said, putting on a serious, concerned expression.

"Rhinos? We're in Germany," the woman responded looking at Ty like she really must be crazy.