Chapter 20 - "Now leave."

The next morning Ty was awake before the sun and excited about it. She was running on a little more than two hours of sleep but no one would be able to tell by the way she practically skipped down the hall, a smile on her face. She threw open the swinging kitchen doors and danced to the fridge. This early in the morning the only people awake were the security guards and she had her pick of leftovers in the fridge.

She grabbed a few things that could be appetizing this early in the morning and set off for her final destination. She was approaching the doors leading out to the deck when someone reached out and grabbed her around the waist.

"Were you followed?" Hudson whispered in her ear.

She grinned. "I'm clean." She turned in his arms and saw him scanning the hallway seriously. "Having fun?"

"I always wanted to be a secret agent," he admitted.

Her smile grew. "And did sneaking out of your room this morning fulfill that dream?"

He nodded seriously. "There were some close calls but I made it out."

She smirked. "I'm sure it was super hard to get past drunk sleepers."

"Russel likes to sleepwalk when he is drunk," he corrected her. "There was a close call but after a little singing he went back to sleep."

Ty threw her head back as she laughed at the thought of Hudson singing a drunk Russel a lullaby.

"Shhhh," he scolded her until his gaze focused more closely on her and softened. Hey," he said quietly, leaning in close.

"Hey," she said, her laughter settling as she reached up on her tip-toes to kiss him.

As he pulled back he playfully scanned the hallway before he nodded towards the door. "All clear, let's move." He took her hand and led the way to the doors.

The sky outside was just starting to turn from the dark indigo blue of night into a lighter blue as the first streams of light crested the horizon. Ty took the lead once they were outside and led Hudson to the very front of the ship facing east.

When they had said goodbye the night before he had asked if there was a chance he could see her before the rest of the Hamilton Group was awake. Ty had told him it would have to be very early. He said he didn't have a problem with losing sleep if it meant spending time with her. She had known exactly where she wanted to take him.

The furthest corner of the deck offered a stunning view of the sunrise. This was a widely known fact the crew shared with passengers but Ty knew about a little corner not quite at the front that would allow them to see the sunrise and stay out of sight. She didn't think she would find any of her co-workers wandering around this area at this time of morning but she still wanted to be careful.

Ty found the little corner and they tucked themselves into it as the first rays of the sun appeared in the sky. They rested back against the wall and Hudson wrapped his arm around her and pulled her close until she was resting against his chest.

"Tell me something about yourself," Hudson said quietly as they watched the sky change from blues to pinks and yellows.

"Like what?"

"Hmmm...tell me about someone who had a big impact on your life?"

"My grandma Rue," she answered immediately, a smile coming to her face as her grandma's cheery face popped into her head. "She was one of the greatest people I have ever known. I told you how I don't fit in with the rest of my family but when I was around my grandma Rue I felt like I fit with her.

"I remember the first time I felt that. I was eight and I was helping my mom clean out my grandma's attic and we were sorting through papers when my mom found all these papers about flight school and found a pilot's license with my grandma's name on it.